Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can anyone figure out what I could have done to allow my team to win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AngieBug

Recruiter

01-23-2011

We were doing ok at the start me and soraka up top everything was going fine mid was good bot was being push.

Then around early-mid the other team woke up and started killing everyone. We push back around mid-late-late we managed to get an ace.

We steal the baron...they steal it back....they then steal it and in the process all die...and finally my team all dies in a teamfight at baron and im left 4 vs 1 (least i managed to take down kog before i died)

I did not really notice until now that malphite was the only tank really on thier team. If I had known that I would not have gotten 3 blood thirsters. I did have a GA but I switched it to a sunfire cape and then to the other 2 blood thirsters.

Anyways suggestions would be good since I am very much enjoying playing this new champ, but I cant help but feel that its my fault in some sort of way that my team was unable to win.

Thanks for your help

AngieBug

Recruiter

01-23-2011

so no one has any suggestions?

Lunek

Recruiter

01-23-2011

You were squishy as... squishy.

Think about something like 1 dps item, rest tanky/utility.

Lanxe

01-23-2011

you should have gone for this build:

Ionian boots
IE
LW
BV
BS
-

i dunno something like this, and should have centered ur team fights around blitz grab.

TheKachinsky

01-23-2011

No survivability while the other team had a lot.

fuffychan

01-23-2011

You need survivability items, looks like a Sunfire cape or Randuins Omen would have been far better choices to buy then 2 more Bloodthirsters.

Lifesteal is NOT a survivability item.

Pragmatica

01-23-2011

That late into the game and you don't have a single defensive item? And no, BT does not count as a defensive item. In fact, BT isn't even that great on Renek. You don't have Madred's, which turns your W into a powerhouse move. Against that team a banshee's veil would've worked great, as long as you didn't get it knocked off easily by Kog's R. You also don't have Trinity Force on a spammy champion, on top of having only 1 CDR item.

Generally, glass cannon builds are going to fail you. It's especially bad if you're a melee champ who NEEDS survivability. I think a good build against that team would've been: CDR Boots, Trinity Force, Madred's, Youmuu's, Banshee's Veil and Sunfire Cape. That late in the game, you probably should've had a GA (especially with how much farm you had!). GA can really turn a stalemate into a victory for your team. Also, were you using elixirs at all?

Yugi

Recruiter

01-23-2011

Backdoor.

Lunek

Recruiter

01-23-2011

Ok, lets sumarize:

1. You were squishy, we said it already.
2. No ranged dps in team, it was pretty hard to push for you.
3. Nasus in their team= counters most of dpsers, especially meele. Once you got withered, you were dead.
4. Enemy had a force, to keep you away from their carries. Nasus wither, lux's snare, malphite's Q, E, which was disabling you from leeching properly.
5. Blitzcrank/soraka- Both drop in late game imo. Once you cant pull and instantly kill a opponent, hes way less usefull in team. Soraka feels better in longer fights, than a instant burst.

I'm still shocked why you went for 3 BTs and cleaver.