Nunu and malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shigamonwai

01-23-2011

Here ya go this is a great site to get builds for any characters but I went ahead and got Malphites builds up for ya.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...=&vote_count=0

And this is my Malphite build:
Meki Pendant & 2 Health pots
Sapphire Crystal & Ruby Crystal then into a Catalyst
Build Sunfire Cape
Boots of choice
Banshee Viel
Sell Meki Pendant
Thornmail or Frozen Heart (whatever the situation calls for)
Randuins Omen
Either Thornmail or Frozen Heart (whichever you didn't pick from above)

Hope this works for you, enjoy

ImpulsiveInsight

01-23-2011

For Malphite: I generally start with Doran Ring/Shield.
Go for situational boots and get a Heart of Gold for mid-game/gold generation.
I generally always get at least one big HP item next: Sunfire, Warmogs, or B. Veil, or if they have a lot of DPS, Thornmail instead. I always like to have a nice chunk of HP to fuel my passive, since my passive generally means I have a bit more HP then I see on my bar.
I then finish up my Heart into a Randuins and then get a Guardian Angel. If the game lasts too-too long, I get Madred's to seal the deal.

Arcadian

01-23-2011

Well, I don't have any jungle Malphite experience, but I lane with him a lot.

Usually my build is: Merc Treads, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Aegis of Legion, Banshees Veil, and Guardian Angel (The last two vary with other good defensive Items).

However, if they have a few annoying casters, I'll get an early Spirit Visage right after finishing Glacial Shroud. It works pretty good especially due to the the CDR reduction.

My usual build order is...

1. Doran's Shield + HP Pot
2. T1 Boots
3. Chain Vest + Sapphire Crystal
4. Boots > Merc Treads
5. C.V. + S. Crystal > Glacial Shroud
6. (Varies from Here) Either Start Spirit Visage, Aegis, or Randuins. If Team fights aren't working well, get the Aegis, if they are decent, go towards Randuin's. Too many casters, then go to Spirit Visage.
7. Situational, Aegis, Randuins, or Banshees Veil.
8.Situational, Aegis Randuins, or Banshees Veil
9. Situational, etc etc etc

Rarely do I ever finish my build, but when I do a G.A., FoN, or Thornmail seem to fit well depending on the other team.

For runes, I rock Mana Reg for my yellows, and... the rest I don't have really set up. But mana regen on malphite reall boosts his early game.

In the laning phase, I try to constantly harass the weaker unit I'm laning against. Seismic shard when he gets close, and then try to keep up with last hits. In the first few levels (1-3) watch your shell, because at the level Malphite falls pretty fast, especially to casters due to his low base MR. After that, your Seismic shard should be doing enough damage from 4-10ish where it will keep squishy units cautious. In the early game, try to manage mana as well. I'm in lane till about 6-7ish before I head back. And depending on where my team is at, I will even start to gank early. When 6, I can usually ult a weakened squishy and finish him in the lane before I can start doing the rest of my team stuff.

For skills, The order is, R>Q>E>W. Malphite isn't the person you want to invest a point into right away, W should be the absolute last thing you invest anything into due to creating splash damage and pushing a lane when it isn't necessary. Also, it doesn't provide too much help in the beginning.

Malphite's main source of damage scales with Armor, so the more armor, the better off you are. Usually when you initiate, you will either straight-up Ult, or use E, then ult. Right after ult, Ground Slam while they are in air, then continue to Seismic Shard, Ground Slam, and Auto Attack the units around you. Pay attention to squishies and try to Shard them so your allies can flock to the unit and kill them.

That's pretty much a general guide I have with Malph :\. I focus on the CRD and armor, so I can constantly have Ult and use it to get picks, saves, and initiate when needed. After Frozen Heart, and possibly S. Visage, my Ult cooldown is around 60 seconds, which is pretty decent for it's power.

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

ok, i think i got the itdea on how to jungle/lane with those two. Thanks for the help everyone ^^

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

just another question. ppl say use Cloth armor for nunu, what do i do with it after???

Euphoric Recall

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Wolfheart0 View Post
Nunu Jungle

Start either with boots + hp pots for mobility and ganking (suggested), cloth armor +hp pots for an extra-safe jungling or wards + pots for counterjungling (Nunu is awesome at that).

Don't listen to euphoric recall, since he's suggesting a Nunu build without a BANSHEE'S VEIL. By any means get it as your main source of mres, hp and mana. The shield is really needed for your ultimate ( that will probably be interrupted anyway, unless they have low cc, in which case you buy this awesome item first ). Never skip it.

Now, to be able to tank at least decently, you need some amor. A simple chain veist will do the job early, but upgrade it to a glacial shroud (later Frozen Heart) if they are wrecking you.

Now, and only now, it's time to get AP, unless they still deal too much damage (How?). The best item choice is Rabadons by far, coupled with a Void Staff for very frightening ultis.

That's the build I usually roll if I'm the only tank.
This man knows how it is.Sorry, COMPLETELY forgot Banshees.

Derped pretty hard there.

TUC Toilet Humor

01-23-2011

I never start with cloth armor on Nunu. I want Catalyst ASAP so I start with blue crystal and two pots. I don't start blue either. If they don't have a jungler I start at their wraiths then our wolves then blue unless I also get our wraiths. Those camps are simple with consume and blood boil and you won't run out of mana if you do it right. Catalyst and boots will keep you going for a long time without going back and you can see what you need next. If they're doing a lot of good magic damage the negatron cloak is amazing since it's already required for Banshee's. If they haven't all grouped up you might not need Banshee's yet and Catalyst has benefits when you level up.
After that even the boots depend on what's happening around me. Even my skill order does. If we have a good physical carry who's wrecking face I'm maxing blood boil and we're going to drop turrets. I'll need Banshees to get the opposing team's attention and negate a CC. If our physical people aren't doing well, I'm going to max my iceball and try to keep whomever we're focusing in range as long as possible so our assassins and mages can take them out. I might need more armor in that case.

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

Final bump to see if my build is right.

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

can anyone comment on the builds?