Nunu and malphite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faedlar

Recruiter

01-23-2011

This is my malphite build
start with mana crystal so you can harrass all day
turn that into a catalyst
then boots of your choice
then randuins
then sunfire
then finish the catalyst into a bviel

Voyager I

01-23-2011

General Nunu advice; get a Banshee's Veil quickly. It will make it much harder for the enemy to deal with your ultimate. Also, recognize that the purpose of your ultimate is not merely to do absurd amounts of damage (although it certainly can). Instead, using your ultimate makes you absolute priority #1 for everyone in the area. As soon as you start channeling, people drop whatever they're doing (no matter how low your carry is) and either try to either get out or interrupt it. Use it in situations where stopping you will be a great inconvenience and prevent the enemy from doing something else important.

This isn't to say that doing 2/3's of their entire team's health isn't worthwhile, because with a bit of cleverness you will occasionally be able to do this. Just recognize that if your ult saves a teammate because the enemy wasn't willing to get blown the **** up trying to run through it, it was still successful.

Oh, and when you do get someone to chase you into a bush just in time to see a fully-cooked ultimate go off, you'll just about piss yourself laughing.

Best Janna NA

01-23-2011

On nunu, get banshees

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

thanks for the help and advice guy.

Squidshire

01-23-2011

I play jungle Malphite sometimes, and run Smite and Flash. Start out with cloth armour and some health pots, and get Ground Slam first. Start at golem and make your way to the golem camp. Once you're done, you'll be at level four.

What I do next depends on the situation. If there's nothing going on, I'll go back and shop - Ninja Tabi if the enemies have more hard carries than they have CC, or regular boots otherwise (you'll want to make these into Mercury's Treads but won't be able to afford it yet). If someone's pushing a lane, I'll try and get a gank in. I play jungle Olaf too, and while Malphite does less damage, he'll have more HP at this point, so there's much less chance of a gank attempt ending with your death.

I run armour penetration reds (magic penetration would probably be better, though), armour yellows and mana regen per level blues. If you have reason to believe that your team mates will let you have golem whenever it's up, then switch out the mana regen per level for CDR per level.

My skill order is E > W > E > Q, followed by maxing either Q or E, depending on how much ganking I think I'll have to do.

I personally love it when I'm against an AD-heavy team, because Malphite's abilities scale so well with armour. I've never tried AP Malphite, but I can't see how the survivability-damage trade-off would be worth it.

0Wolfheart0

01-23-2011

Nunu Jungle

Start either with boots + hp pots for mobility and ganking (suggested), cloth armor +hp pots for an extra-safe jungling or wards + pots for counterjungling (Nunu is awesome at that).

Don't listen to euphoric recall, since he's suggesting a Nunu build without a BANSHEE'S VEIL. By any means get it as your main source of mres, hp and mana. The shield is really needed for your ultimate ( that will probably be interrupted anyway, unless they have low cc, in which case you buy this awesome item first ). Never skip it.

Now, to be able to tank at least decently, you need some amor. A simple chain veist will do the job early, but upgrade it to a glacial shroud (later Frozen Heart) if they are wrecking you.

Now, and only now, it's time to get AP, unless they still deal too much damage (How?). The best item choice is Rabadons by far, coupled with a Void Staff for very frightening ultis.

That's the build I usually roll if I'm the only tank.

Bòúrge

01-23-2011

I play nunu too much you could say, the best build i've come across is merc treads, banshees/RoA (depends on the amount of CC/interupts for your Ult) Mejais, GA, Rylais, Void/Rabadons keep in mind the banshees/Roa and void/Rabadons are situational as with the mejais. Nunu is a strong jungler but he has such a dominate lane phase as well, they harass you? eat a god **** minion and laugh, they start to piss you off? Snowball them out of exp range, they just blew their only disable in your lane on you? flash, R, laugh.

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

Just wondering, is there a way to make nunu Ult channel and faster, Cuz i see nunu like channel for 1 second then they just let it go.

Bòúrge

01-23-2011

You can stop the channel at anytime by right clicking, though it wont do the full damage of a full channeled ult, but if your target is leaving your range, you right click and it'll stop the channel and it'll still hurt the enemy.

LoveYuRi

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourge42o View Post
You can stop the channel at anytime by right clicking, though it wont do the full damage of a full channeled ult, but if your target is leaving your range, you right click and it'll stop the channel and it'll still hurt the enemy.
oh, thanks
i thoguht u just press R again ><