IP "Gifts"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thorrok

01-25-2011

Bump!

YangTianChou

Recruiter

01-25-2011

i never worry about extra ip.. XD i

Kanrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by royh View Post
I approve... and I have 100k spare IP to spend on gifts... implement this Riot!
Hold up, I'll just bring out my 10000000000000x microscope here....

Kashaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2011

Will not work due the abuse. There are multiple counterexamples, but I'll give you one:

* Assume you win all games.

* Say you play around 5 games each day. You create 4 other smurf accounts and win on these to get the first win of the day IP. So each account will have 5 * 250 IP = 1250 IP which all will be on one account by gifting.

* Normally, to reach such amount of IP, you have to play, 1 * 250 + 10 * 100 = 1250 IP, 11 games to reach the same amount of IP.

* Thus you only need to play 5 games instead of 11.

Note however, that this is just a friendly abuse. Most likely there will be a lot of smurf accounts who just go AFK to gain IP and send this to their main. Sure, Riot can go all after this, but why would they? They don't have this problem now.

And if you want to gift that badly, gift RP.

Thorrok

01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashaku View Post
Will not work due the abuse. There are multiple counterexamples, but I'll give you one:

* Assume you win all games.

* Say you play around 5 games each day. You create 4 other smurf accounts and win on these to get the first win of the day IP. So each account will have 5 * 250 IP = 1250 IP which all will be on one account by gifting.

* Normally, to reach such amount of IP, you have to play, 1 * 250 + 10 * 100 = 1250 IP, 11 games to reach the same amount of IP.

* Thus you only need to play 5 games instead of 11.

Note however, that this is just a friendly abuse. Most likely there will be a lot of smurf accounts who just go AFK to gain IP and send this to their main. Sure, Riot can go all after this, but why would they? They don't have this problem now.

And if you want to gift that badly, gift RP.
You didn't read my post all the way through. The IP itself is not the gift, the item available for purchase, however, is.

The scenario you are presenting would not occur.

Aim Wizard

01-26-2011

i saw the title. and my first reaction was: LETS MAKE IT SO WE CAN HARVEST IP FROM FREE WINS

but i read.

i like it.

good job

yellowfrog

01-26-2011

Pretty pointless really. Plus it would take a lot of work modifying the infrastructure to do this and this feature would not be used often. Also I can easily imagine the complaints of GREEDY RIOT charging 3x the IP cost to send something to someone.

Vulking

01-26-2011

You should be able to gift RP not IP, also, make it that you only can gift RP you own not buy RP for someone, to avoid fraud.