IP "Gifts"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Virindok

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by royh View Post
I approve... and I have 100k spare IP to spend on gifts... implement this Riot!
You left paint open.

Vortel

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiklonE View Post
This would lead to people creating a ton of smurfs to take advantage of the 4 win referral IP boost, while at the same time transfering those smurfs IP to the main account. 8 accounts, 8 wins of the day, you could get 2000 IP /day without much hassle.

Will never happen.
Did not read OP. This isn't what he's suggesting at all.

fmwyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-23-2011

OP, The reason they haven't implemented ip gifts is because they have several current systems that are implemented purely for the concept of one account played by one person. Imagine if you could gift, players would make newb accounts all day long and just transfer the ip to the main account from each win of the day ip.

With this system, the current 4-day win ip boost and ip wins of the day would easily create an ability for people to play smurfs until they can afford a champion and send it to the main. This system, unless it was 5x normal price, would still highly endorse players to play on a smurf rather than their real account.

Thorrok

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiklonE View Post
This would lead to people creating a ton of smurfs to take advantage of the 4 win referral IP boost, while at the same time transfering those smurfs IP to the main account. 8 accounts, 8 wins of the day, you could get 2000 IP /day without much hassle.

Will never happen.

In that case, have the IP Gift option only available to accounts with X number of games played, (I'd say 30 games or so, just as an example) in order to combat this.

And yes, the option to use other accounts to buy your main account things does exist, however having the IP price be much more expensive than the original prices, this method becomes inefficient.

Also, for clarification, an IP Gift is not a gift of IP, it is the gift of something purchased with IP. If I send you an IP Gift, you would then have a champion, a rune, or a rune page---not IP.

Thorrok

01-23-2011

Bump for more discussion

Cat Girl Shrek

01-23-2011

Quote:
Dat shop

Correntt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

buy ip boost on one account/ play with 3~4 friends on one account/ distribute

Vanill4

01-23-2011

To fix all the "create smurfs who would abuse the system and gift IP to their main account" problem, make it so the recipient of an IP gift can only be summoner level 20 or lower, for instance. I mean the concept of the idea, as I understand from the OP, is to help newer players own champions that they like. It is not, for example, for my friend with 500 normal wins to help me (level 30 with 150 wins) buy characters, so by restricting the recipients of the IP gifts, you can solve the problem. Not sure how easy/difficult it would be to implement, but it seems like a good idea.

Worf

01-23-2011

Quote:
yep exactly what i think too!. too bad i only have 6 friends online :/

Thorrok

01-24-2011

Bump!