IP "Gifts"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thorrok

01-23-2011

Howdy!

League of legends is fun (more often than not), and being able to play with real life buddies makes it even better. Because it's a (fairly) easy game to pick up and run with, I've invited others to try the game. The sign up, play for a week as one of the free champs they really like, but when the next week rolls around, the 5-6 match "learning curve of pain to the face" begins again. While I don't mind all the champions being different enough to warrant a learning curve (and some of the harder champions have even steeper ones), I have seen that it can be fairly discouraging for the new summoners when they are forced to choose someone different almost as soon as they get used to their first champion.

My idea: IP "Gifts"

A summoner (Such as myself) is a friend to you, a new summoner. After playing a few games, you realize that Kayle is really fun to play. But alas, Kayle is no longer free after the first week, and so you suck it up for the both of us for several rounds in order to get used to a new champion that plays completely differently. However, I, due to this super awesome IP Gift function, have purchased Kayle for you (At the price of 2.5 times her original price, possibly 3 times), and their is much rejoicing, winning of matches, and naming of your firstborn son after myself.

So that's the plan. Being able to purchase and gift your friends IP purchases of Runes, Rune Pages, and Champions at a highly expensive (initially suggested 2.5 times or 3 times original) price, and ship 'em off to your buddies.

This would apply to things buyable with IP only.

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback

EDIT 1: Due to new accounts getting bonus Wins of the Day, in an effort to keep this method from becoming abused, I am now adding the suggestion that the IP Gift Function be available only to accounts that have played at least 20 games. Other suggestions for game numbers are 30, 45, 50, and 10.

clear world

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

wouldn't that be great...

royh

01-23-2011

I approve... and I have 100k spare IP to spend on gifts... implement this Riot!

Kixxo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

Good idea.

InfernalWyvern

01-23-2011

It would make Riot lose money, and thus, however much the community may like it, it isn't going to happen.

ZiklonE

01-23-2011

This would lead to people creating a ton of smurfs to take advantage of the 4 win referral IP boost, while at the same time transfering those smurfs IP to the main account. 8 accounts, 8 wins of the day, you could get 2000 IP /day without much hassle.

Will never happen.

dinges88

01-23-2011

would be cool for sure!
i like how gifting something is more expensive than buying it for yourself
that would take care of people using their smurfs IP to buy stuff for their mains

Basroil

01-23-2011

There's no way to prevent it from getting abused by IP farmers.

Do we really need a reason to introduce chinese gold sellers to LoL? As if the community wasn't bad enough.

Siky

01-23-2011

Change IP to RP and it might happen, but then again there are issues about hacking. Right now there isn't really a reason to even bother and that's probably the best way.

Baldimor

01-23-2011

good idea