[Rune Suggestion] Restricted Tier 4 Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kacnafein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

Tier 4 runes granted at random by combining:
have luck or get fu**ed. Nice way to make games balanced. You had luck in generator, you have an advantage.

Tier 4 runes granted depending on the runes used in combining:
Tier 4 HP Qints for 15k IP? That would make a big difference between players with 2000 games (+ the ones that buy RP) and 500 games. And i don't think that's the way to go.

Jira8888

04-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrade View Post
I have a suggestion for the runes in LoL.

I understand that Tier 3 runes are the top-tier runes that one can purchase from the IP shop.

Why not have a Tier 4 rune tier as the new top tier that cannot be obtained by the shop, and only through the combiner?

For example, in order to obtain Tier 4 runes you have to combine 5 Tier 3 runes to get a Tier 4 rune, but instead of a pure random Tier 4 rune, the result rune will be a Tier 4 equivalent of one of the 5 runes used to make the Tier 4 rune.

There are several ways that it could be done. I propose 2 solutions out of potentially infinitely many.

Set Random (Random selection between runes used)
Let's say you have 5 Tier 3 Health Quintessences (I believe it's 32.4 flat health?) and you put them in the combiner. Because they're all the same, you have a 100% chance of getting the Tier 4 equivalent of that rune. However if you have 4 of the Tier 3 Health Quints and then 1 other Tier 3 rune, you have a 80% chance to get the Tier 4 equivalent of the Tier 3 Health Quint and a 20% chance to get the Tier 4 equiv of the other rune. Basically you have a chance of getting a Tier 4 equiv of the runes that you use and each time that rune is repeated the chance for that rune being tiered up increases by 20% per quantity of the rune. So 3 of the exact same Tier 3 runes give that particular Tier 3 rune a 60% chance of being tiered up since the quantity is 3 and the base chance is 20%

Completely Random
...Or you can make the system much harder by issuing a random Tier 4 rune regardless of runes used, though everyone would abuse that by buying a bunch of cheap Tier 3 runes to make a potentially good Tier 4 rune. I'm for either system, especially since the completely-random system makes developing good Tier 4 rune pages extremely difficult and competitive. In fact, most people will have Tier 3 runes with a few Tier 4 runes in each of their rune pages if the completely random system is chosen. Players that have been playing for an extremely long time (or extremely lucky players) will have full or very close to full rune Tier 4 rune pages with a set theme.

In any case I would like to see if the developers would agree to enabling some kind of system for making Tier 4 runes and making them difficult to obtain.

I admit that there are some pros and cons for this implementation, but this offers Riot an increase in profits because more of the core players will be purchasing IP boosts to get runes faster to tier up and stay competitive and the system would be difficult to abuse despite either scenario.
Another way of obtaining such precious runes would be by achievements, riot is about to introduce into the game (hopefully soon), since tier4 runes have esxtraordinary stats would it be nice, if serious playing gamers get rewarded for awesome stats in game.

E.g.: You reach more then 8000 hp -> 1 flat/scaled health rune/quintessence
or You reach 1000 ap -> flat/scaled ap rune/quintessence

etc

or since normal runes just give u some ordinary stats the tier4 runes could give u nice passive abilities
e.g.: Lifesteal; spellvamp; damage-block abilities; shields(e.g.:manabarrier); health-,mana-, armor-, magiresistenz-, ap- or ad- gain for killing units; etc

LuckSkillVictory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

meh i think it would be even worse for new players when some level 30 on the other team is carrying a friend with full tier 4 runes starts with the equivelent of another item against a lvl 19 laner with no runes and not even a full mastery tree. It would start to feel like twinks in low level bgs in wow where the other players just have no chance. I'm releveling another account now and it already felt this way with lvl 30 laning against me with basically the 11 mastery +full t3 is almost like starting with 2 free cheap items early anyway. Would be horrible for someone to be starting to play and lane against someone with 10 ad and 30 armpen and armor advantage on them.

Pretty sure riot has nerfed quite a few runes because they were to strong early anyways. Only way i could see it working is if t4 was only per level runes to negate the early advantage and imbalance of them.

LuckSkillVictory

04-07-2011

I just think it would be a balancing nightmare for riot especially if the gain was the same as t2-t3. They recently buffed jungle because they didn't want every character to be able to jungle and the ones that are good to jungle as fast as they were. Plus some champs just scale with runes much better than others. Urgot dealing greater than true damage if you don't go armor runes would be fun. They just nerfed mp5 runes and t4 would basically revert back or close to it. Or how would max cdr for a character just using blue cdr runes and rushing boots be?

I definitely think there should be a new ip dump but i just don't think a new set of runes 30 percent stronger is going to be worth the trouble it will bring. Maybe 5 percent stronger so that they will not be a huge difference but would be something worth dumping spare ip on for someone who has 70k spare ip.

JE SUIS PAS Mik

04-07-2011

sorry but i deagreee the rune allready have too much importance for got any higher rune aigain (personal opinion)