LoL Wins IGN Reader's Choice Multiplayer Game and Strategy Game of the Year!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baked Buffalo

01-14-2010

Personally I think the best option to make everyone in this situation happy is to give everyone Corki, but reward the people who also have Corki in some manner also.

I bought Corki quite awhile ago, and it bothers me a little that after spending money to purchase him, every other player out there who simply has an account will get him for free. On top of that, Corki's a very, very strong champion, and I for one am not looking forward to fighting him in every single game I play from here on out.

It might take the sting out of it a bit if you guys refunded the IP or RP we spent on Corki. Or even gave half the points spent back. But do something...giving away a champion that people either spent $8 or 6300 IP on really isn't fair to the people who bought him the proper way. Especially since you guys have no way of knowing who voted and who didn't, and a lot of the people who will get Corki didn't deserve him at all.

Arunawayslave

01-14-2010

How bout instead of giving corki away for free u just give everyone 6300ish IP instead therefor they can buy whoever they want and it wouldnt jew everyone who has already bought corki over

Rectifyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerwind View Post
Corki can be unlocked with Riot Points or the champion bundle, both of which cost real money. So essentially, Corki has tangible value that can be measured in US dollars. If Riot gives out Corki for free, they are giving out value (money) to *part* of their customer base for free, while giving other customers (who have already bought him) nothing. How can Riot even think this is possible? This is a great way to create dissension among your customers. There needs to be an IP refund to those who own him.
Through two different promotions on Twitter I have received free DLC for LittleBigPlanet. Both of which cost roughly $6 each. Does that mean that because someone else got it for free that the entire world she be refunded? No not at all.

scrubout

01-14-2010

****, I just bought Corki last week.

bad enough that he's free this week, lol.

Arunawayslave

01-14-2010

well maybe not that but i believe releasing corki to everyonewould make the game annoying as hell cause corki is good if ur good with him but very bad if ur not and is in most cases a higher players champion and so hes rare to see in games i for one am a big corki fan but now that he will be free he will be in every single game and its gonna be so god **** annoying i dont think u should give away 6300 IP either though because then everyone will just buy twitch cause they think hes OP and that will be even worse so i'd still suggest rewarding everyone but not with a complete tier 3 character

Thus saying my vote is that everyone should get 3150 that way ur still giving everyone a bonus for voting and supporting the game but your also not just throwing amazingness everywhere

Agerikea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

I think he should be given free because giving a free skin and no champion is dumb. As for people who already bought him stop being so greedy. Free **** is given out all the time that other people have to buy do you whine about it then to? If you bought him last week even though chances were he would be free by evidence that rammus was free with his special skin then I don't feel to sorry for you. Just be glad the game is free in general and any pts or money you spend is your choice and responsability. Plus not like I see rammus played more than maybe once or twice every 15 games and he was given free to alot of people and i own him myself. Prob be much the same with corki after a bit.

LostKR

01-14-2010

He's gonna shoot lazer beams of win right?

Tainos

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Yes you should ^_^

Xate

01-14-2010

Awesome stuff, Corki for free would be awesome too because a lot of people would probably have no use for the skin without the means to buy Corki right away.

Congrats Riot!

Raistlen

01-14-2010

Riot the thing that I'm puzzled about is why are you giving what is by far the coolest skin released yet for free? Every Corki player would have bought this skin and I'm sure a lot of people would have bought Corki for this skin.

If every other skin was more like this and not just a recolor I would probably buy some.

I own Corki and I've played him maybe once in a practice game. I might be playing him more just because of this skin.