Udyr.. wtf riot

12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoveMePlease

01-14-2010

Haven't used Udyr since before the patch. When I used it, it easily 2v1, and solo'ed a tower. But then again, I can solo a tower with Tryndamere.

However, played Teemo today, and the Udyr didn't stand a chance. Maybe it's just the player.

And, someone show me how Udyr catches up with bear when Teemo goes "W" and summoner spell "Ghost".

Gatsbys

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenova View Post
You quoted the line and still failed at comprehension, not only does he roll every game.

Did you see the line saying i went 16-0 first time using him?

He is broken, just like Twitch still is..
if you think twitch is still broken you're dumb.
they nerfed the **** out of his ultimate. only thing they didnt touch was the range of it. (thank god)

Pylat

01-15-2010

Saw Udyr vs ashe mid lane last night.
Udyr was just attacking the minions to farm some gold, while ashe had a constant auto attack on him. he didnt even drop 1% health or mana.
This was levels 3-9.

what kind of unstoppable bull**** is this?

late game game udyr continiud to WTFPWN everything.

And to the people saying "you can just go 3 man mid and gank udyr !!!! no problem!!!" you can just STFU now. If you pull more heroes mid for helping a laner this early, you will lose the edge on other lanes very fast, and while your problem with udyr will be solved, you will have 2 new problems in the other lanes.

Udyr is very overpowered compared 1n1 to other heroes, he can even get to late game items through heavy disruption. seems like you just cannot afford not having him on the team as the game is balanced right now.

VMan7

Recruiter

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenova View Post
You don't counter him the way you counter other carries because his survivability and escapability are through the roof.

Not only is a dps monster hes also a tanking god, he can tank Nashor no problem for his team.

I'm fairly confident no hero in this game could beat him 1v1.
Jax >

Wolfy2032

01-15-2010

For the love of god stop complaining about turtle stance it is in no way shape or form his best build you guys ignore the fact of what happens when a udyr goes turtle to lane.

HE BECOMES USELESS TO HIS TEAM FOR OVER 10 MIN!

He becomes a solo champion that only cares about himself take this advantage to know every fight until hes finished "farming" with that **** farming ability and kill his teamates 4v5 if he even JOINS the fight he wont have a fast running bear or he wont have a high damaging phoenix either way he will not bother you.

WHEN YOU SEE UDYR IN TURTLE USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IT IS NOT A GOOD ABILITY TO TAKE EARLY SINCE IT DOES NOT HELP YOUR TEAM!!

Anyone who says other wise really doesnt understand udyr or teamwork. If your having a hard time laning with doran's shield and pot then theres a problem swap lanes or get some hp / hp regen runes.

x OZ x

01-15-2010

I spent 15 mins hitting him with nidalee javelin from lvl 1 to 7,he never dropped below 70% hp...

OLI HC

01-15-2010

you guys still underestimate him and end up feeding cause you let him farm, I played udyr before the patch and he just got reworked so his passive actually stacks. As for bear stance it got nerfed hes not that fast anymore and you need to switch to all 4 stances and have decent att speed item to reach that 2.5 att speed.Then again udyr very weak against casters which I am not seeing alot these days,Ive been playing teams that barely have a stun or a snare come on pugs tell your team mates to get a caster cause any udyr with brains knows hes not an overpowered champion and will get killed if theres just one caster targetting him with his dps.

Udyr is a very versatile champion,I found him very good as a carry,tank or lifesteal/dps.
when I play pugs its always the same thing, I solo mid, put points in turtle and farm when Im low on health I bait them into the tower bear stun and exhaust usually get a kill then get fed and rape their team.

Its normal that you cant damage him in turtle stance when its lv5 and you best attack spell is 2 or 3, It block 200 some damage at lv5 which is barely useful end game vs powerful bursts, phoenix isnt **** but its not very useful early game.Bear got nerfed which I think is fair since I could run 600 when I used all my stance before the patch(even though the stacks didnt last) now hes fast enough but not too much.The nice thing with tiger is that sheen proc affects it and the fact that he splits his attacks in 3 small ones is great for applying on hit effects such as malady (3 stacks in one hit) or trinity forces slow thats at least a good attack spell for udyr who lacked attack power before the patch.

Leobardis

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevets973 View Post
Udyr is my secondary, Eve being my primary, and i've been playing him since build 1. First off, he isn't broken. He can easily be countered properly, he can be shut down just like any other character.

For starters, I think there are a few Udyr experts (such as myself) out there. Check my profile, see the proof. I know how to play him extremely well. Right now, his phoenix stance is fantastic, and it makes him much more effective in team fights. This is opposed to build 2, where the was no point in phoenix. They nerfed bear, it was honestly needed. All they did was one more of his stances viable, allowing you to make another AP focused build for him. It works. Take away phoenix, i'll just go back to tiger and do what I was doing before, which was netting me the same results as before.

I think the only thing that changed with Udyr is the people who play him are learning that changing stances makes you much more effective in battle. You gottta master that or else your nothing. The only thing that needs to be nerfed honestly, is changing his global cooldown time from 1.5 secs to 2.0. It was 2.5 in build 2, it took too long. A buff was definitly needed, but 1.5 may be killing it.
+1. this.

Wolfy2032

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
you guys still underestimate him and end up feeding cause you let him farm, I played udyr before the patch and he just got reworked so his passive actually stacks. As for bear stance it got nerfed hes not that fast anymore and you need to switch to all 4 stances and have decent att speed item to reach that 2.5 att speed.Then again udyr very weak against casters which I am not seeing alot these days,Ive been playing teams that barely have a stun or a snare come on pugs tell your team mates to get a caster cause any udyr with brains knows hes not an overpowered champion and will get killed if theres just one caster targetting him with his dps.

Udyr is a very versatile champion,I found him very good as a carry,tank or lifesteal/dps.
when I play pugs its always the same thing, I solo mid, put points in turtle and farm when Im low on health I bait them into the tower bear stun and exhaust usually get a kill then get fed and rape their team.

Its normal that you cant damage him in turtle stance when its lv5 and you best attack spell is 2 or 3, It block 200 some damage at lv5 which is barely useful end game vs powerful bursts, phoenix isnt **** but its not very useful early game.Bear got nerfed which I think is fair since I could run 600 when I used all my stance before the patch(even though the stacks didnt last) now hes fast enough but not too much.The nice thing with tiger is that sheen proc affects it and the fact that he splits his attacks in 3 small ones is great for applying on hit effects such as malady (3 stacks in one hit) or trinity forces slow thats at least a good attack spell for udyr who lacked attack power before the patch.

You arent using udyr to his potential at all and you have no idea how udyr works.

First off Tiger does not stack get 3 stacks of malady on 1 hit its only on the first hit.

Second you shouldnt be having problems with casters they should be food with their low hp.

third phoenix is 10 x better at farming than turtle sure its harder for them to kill you but you will make tons more gold and be able to start ganking early.

fourth phoenix is his best early game skill why because it makes every enemey scared to engage you or fight you because you do more damage than them PERIOD especially when you go ganking it destroys heroes and creeps alike.

UDYR is not a defensive champion hes full on offense stop playing him like hes defensive this is why people thought he was mediocore at best int he first place.

OLI HC

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy2032 View Post
You arent using udyr to his potential at all and you have no idea how udyr works.

First off Tiger does not stack get 3 stacks of malady on 1 hit its only on the first hit.

Second you shouldnt be having problems with casters they should be food with their low hp.

third phoenix is 10 x better at farming than turtle sure its harder for them to kill you but you will make tons more gold and be able to start ganking early.

fourth phoenix is his best early game skill why because it makes every enemey scared to engage you or fight you because you do more damage than them PERIOD especially when you go ganking it destroys heroes and creeps alike.

UDYR is not a defensive champion hes full on offense stop playing him like hes defensive this is why people thought he was mediocore at best int he first place.
funny how I own every udyr that picks phoenix first, theyre always out of mana and have no defense how are you supposed to farm if you cant defend yourself, youre gonna tell the other team not to attack you? youre just another one of those phoenix noobs

''ZOMG I CAN PICK HIS ULT FIRST''

12345678 ... 14