Udyr.. wtf riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larynth

01-16-2010

Udyr

• Bear Stance Movement Speed burst decreased to 15/18/21/24/27 from 18/22/26/30/34
  • ^That is a nerf not a buff
  • While Phoenix Stance’s activation effect is active, Udyr’s ability power is increased by 24/36/48/60/72 and attack damage is increased by 12/18/24/30/36
  • ^That is an insignificant buff in and of itself, Pheonix stance was a bit weak
  • Monkey’s Agility’s effect will now stay stacked if you continue swapping abilities
  • ^ that was a fix not a buff
  • Monkey’s Agility Dodge Chance decreased to 4% from 6%
  • ^ That's a nerf and a big one 33% to be exact
  • Shared ability Cooldown lowered from 2.5 to 1.5
  • ^ again minor buff and insignificant by itself
  • Shared ability Cooldown will only apply to abilities with cooldowns less than it
Look you guys kill me if you played Udyr once in a while you would realise that over all this was a huge nerf. He lost speed on bear, and dodge from monkey. The shared cooldown is for stances you havn't just used, and needed to be done 2.5 sec with the nerfs and he would have been UP. And the Phoenix stance stuff is nice, but really only usefull with an AP build.
Just because someone owns you doesn't mean the champ is broken, and I personally act like a noob for the first 5 min intentionally to get people to overstep, so just cause you think the guy sux doesn't mean you are right.

Nukemouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I play udyr. He is BLATANTLY OP. The passive is not a fix it is a buff it was intended that you would gain SEPERATE INSTANCES of the same buff that would run off on thier own. This has been changed. The shared cooldown is the biggest buff you can give udyr. The shared cooldown thing is what MAKES him OP. IMO he was almost balanced on release but his shared cooldown was too high. That was the only problem he has ever had.

Larynth

01-16-2010

ok I understand why you feel the way you do about the monkey stance but dissagree.

Formerly with thier own timers each intance rolled off 1-2-3-3-2-1 now it goes 1-2-3-3-3-0 there's no taper if you don't use a stance it goes away not just the first one rolling off. Not to mention 12% dodge is allot less than 18%

And the shared cooldown really hasn't changed things that much for me personally as I used ability cooldown gear before anyway.

GNOY

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constrictor View Post
He's killable. I went solo mid with Pirate vs. him and killed him twice. That being said, once he gets rolling he's insane. I don't understand why they buffed Udyr and left Warwick alone.

Why play warwick when you can play udyr?
Udyr lost mid to pirate? 0_o He probably was first level summoner

And true about Warwick :\

Torrigan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

ok i agree udyr is too powerful but before the patch udyr ap build was much harder to play i just never bothered with ap but the new patch allows me to see the other side of his playstyle

Livingsword

01-16-2010

All he needs is a Malady + Bezerker Greaves and he can kill you, on you tower, full health while at level 12. If that's not OP I don't know what is.

I've seen it happen at least 5 times since the new patch, from joke hero to ridicously OP in 2 patches...

Wolfy2032

01-16-2010

All im saying is for the amount of posts there are i dont see many good udyrs out there.
Everytime i join a game some udyr has exhaust goes turtle and fails lol its kind of funny seeing it on my team and steam rolling a udyr with my udyr lol.

6 ID 9

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingsword View Post
All he needs is a Malady + Bezerker Greaves and he can kill you, on you tower, full health while at level 12. If that's not OP I don't know what is.

I've seen it happen at least 5 times since the new patch, from joke hero to ridicously OP in 2 patches...

Oh...so poppy,tryndamere,Kayle,Nunu can't do that? I must of been dreaming when a tryn came at me at tower and just killed me. Make that level 6.

Wolfy2032

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 ID 9 View Post
Oh...so poppy,tryndamere,Kayle,Nunu can't do that? I must of been dreaming when a tryn came at me at tower and just killed me. Make that level 6.
You have a point lol a very good point.

TrojanHorse

01-16-2010

Before the patch I had about a 50% win/loss ratio (probably putting me around the middle of the pack for elo). Since the patch, I have about a 95% win ratio with Udyr. Maybe he just suits my playstyle, but that can't be the only factor.