[Guide in Progress] The Master of Arms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xincxinc

08-24-2009

does sheen activate after everytime Jax's ultimate activates? i.e every 2 hits you get your ultimate followed by sheen activating getting a 100 percentage base damage?

RoarMan

Adjudicator

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xincxinc View Post
does sheen activate after everytime Jax's ultimate activates? i.e every 2 hits you get your ultimate followed by sheen activating getting a 100 percentage base damage?
No, as Sheen doesn't proc on passive's, it doesn't work with Jax's ult.

fpRSmWrNSNHkW06S

09-08-2009

Man, I read your guide like 5 times to make sure I wasn't missing something. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm stunned you didn't mention a) Infinity Edge, or b) Banshee's Veil.

Jax is the king of burst melee dmg, and what better way maximize his potential than to up his crit dmg output. Not only do you get +50% crit dmg, but your passive works well with any +dmg items. Stack +crit dmg marks, and just watch enemy champions melt under your barrage of attacks.

The veil is to cover for those casters who wreck Jax with disables. Your incredible dodge works very nicely vs Yi or other Jax, but only the veil will protect you perfectly against Rune prison/terrify/etc. Doesn't work on event horizon tho.... so make sure you leap out.

YDaleU

11-08-2009

I've been playing Jax with a good level of success, counter strike is my bread and butter and having Ninja Tabi and Phantom Dancer make me happy, I highly recommend it

Razius

11-09-2009

Taking 1 level of Empower as your first skill along with jump afterward is amazing for early ganks.

Pop it, let it charge for 4 seconds and run around like your trying to last hit but suck, then jump at them, and hit exhaust, its half their lifebar this early and then you can finish them off if your lanemate has a stun.

After that 1 point i'd ignore it until the end, but a little less dodge won't make a huge difference compared to first blood gold and exp deny on their dead hero that early.

Alexirius

01-06-2010

^
Yes, Jax should have 1 Empower at least in the early game cuz it's very beneficial. Besides, after Phantom Dancer, Jax MUST have IE cuz it 'll will unleash his true potential !

Here is a capture of my recent match !
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9...mapimage2f.png

(can u guys tell me how to post image to this forum)

Daeloz

01-16-2010

i do leap first for early ganks w/ nukes/stun lane partners then stack dodge as fast as i can. empower comes late game. regrowth pendant, sheen first cause it keeps me with plenty of mana. followed by phage/phantom dancer. i sold my regrowth for b.f. sword and later bought the precursor to starks fervor to get some hp regen. infinity edge was icing on the cake.