Help using Heimerdinger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaralyth

01-14-2010

Hello, at the moment I stack mostly AP with Heimerdinger and near end game I get upwards of 700 AB and my skills hit like a truck and my turrets destroy people. I'd like to know what items other people use with Heimerdinger that could possibly be even better.

I would also like to know how people place their turrets, I find that if you place you turrets wrong then the enemy can walk in with a group of minions and take them out from a range, I would like to know if there is anyway to stop that, I usually just walk toward them and throw wrenches which if early game, usually is intimidating enough to back them up, or I use champion seeking rockets if it's off cooldown.

Now, the way I place my turrets are in a square pattern so that only the front two turrets are hitting the minions, and the other two in the square formation I upgrade first, then when I harass and someone comes at me I can run back into my turrets and they will kill him since the back two turrets aren't occupied for anything they will attack the enemy/ies.

Well I think those are all my questions thanks.

Demono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

There isn't a single question mark in your entire post. Could you please repeat the question?

Zaralyth

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaralyth View Post
I'd like to know what items other people use with Heimerdinger that could possibly be even better.

I would also like to know how people place their turrets.
Do I have to be more formal to get people to tell me what they think?

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

so his 1st question is:

"i noobstumped some npcs and got 700 ap, i bet u can't beat that"

2nd question is:

"my turrets get hurt, is there a way to target enemies directly w/ turrets?"

Zaralyth

01-14-2010

Grow up please, I just said what I do and if there were anything I could do to improve on, I am fairly new to Heimerdinger and I'd like to know what items other people use for him and how they hold their ground with their turrets early game.

I understand that a lot of people on forums are keyboard warriors and like to attack people for no reason but I don't understand how my questions were unclear.

Purutzil

01-14-2010

People who miss judge heimer are always the ones that qq the most when they get stomped.

Still they did lack questions. Basicly though AP heimer... just get Ap items. I mean its as simple as that. Its not really worth even bothering with other items to defend with. You could but really as heimer your pretty set when it comes to escaping and taking damage at that point due to Ap items natural tendancy towards added HP. Added to that investing in HP per level runes make him even tougher.

If you really want to get something defensive get Aegis. It won't add to turrets but it helps for when your in team fights if no one else has it. It gives you a boost and those around you in cases no one else has it. Still its usually best to focus Ap on heimer and aim for Hp adding AP items.

Zaralyth

01-14-2010

I have one last question as well, every once and a while I get this buff called UPGRADE!!, and all my cool downs are reduced, what triggers that buff?

Hubbz

01-14-2010

Upgrade is your Ult. When it's on CD, all your other skills benefit from reduced CD times.

MrFreddy

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbz View Post
Upgrade is your Ult. When it's on CD, all your other skills benefit from reduced CD times.
Actually, I think Upgrade just gives you a permanent CD reduction of 15%/20%/25%.

As for me, I build Meki>Mejai's>Sorcerer Boots>Fiendish Codex>Rylai's Scepter>Zhonya's>Zhonya's>Sell Fiendish Codex for another Zhonya's. Pretty much just stack AP like it's your birthday, with a bit of slow from the Rylai's.

Also, I prefer a line of turrets, to wall off an entire lane, as well as bring a maximum amount of firepower available to either front or back, if you place them fairly even they won't be able to get close unless it's a long range person like Tristana or Ashe, which is when you harass with rockets/nades. They're so squishy they won't be able to stick around long.

edino

01-14-2010

try spreading your turrets out so they dont die al at once from aoes. You might know this but you can sense nearby heroes by looking at the rocket skill icon..