Runes that work for most champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RightClickMe1

01-22-2011

Does anyone know runes that work for most champions? Didnt know that I should of saved up for runes and now im at a major disadvantage. I havnt decided my "main" yet, so I just want the runes to last till I have a main.

Ellye

01-22-2011

Quints: Flat health bonus are great for everyone.
Red: You'll need two types here: Magic Penetration and Armor Penetration. The first one is useful for more champions, though.
Yellow: Dodge and Armor (flat or scaling) are reasonable for everyone. Mana Regen is great for all champions that use mana.
Blue: Cooldown Reduction and Magic Resistance (flat or scaling) are useful for almost everyone.

RightClickMe1

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellye View Post
Red: You'll need two types here: Magic Penetration and Armor Penetration. The first one is useful for more champions, though.
Yellow: Dodge, Armor (flat or scaling) are reasonable for everyone. Mana Regen are great for all champions that use mana.
Blue: Cooldown Reduction, Magic Resistance (flat or scaling) are useful for almost everyone.
Sorry to ask a noob question but are there any pros or cons to using flat runes or scaling runes? Im having a blind guess and assuming that flat runes are better early game but scaling runes get better as the game gets longer.

Ellye

01-22-2011

Your guess is right. Scaling runes catch up with flat runes at level 9 generally. From there on, scaling runes are better.

Personally, I'm more inclined to use flat runes. I believe that the part of the game that I most need those bonus is in the early game, as late game I'll already be well equipped anyway. But many players prefer to use scaling ones.

RightClickMe1

01-22-2011

Quote:
Your guess is right. Scaling runes catch up with flat runes at level 9 generally. From there on, scaling runes are better.

Personally, I'm more inclined to use flat runes. I believe that the part of the game that I most need those bonus is in the early game, as late game I'll already be well equipped anyway. But many players prefer to use scaling ones.
I see, sorry to ask you ANOTHER question but which runes would you recommend me to buy first. I fail so bad. Btw, is there an alert system that tells you that you've been quoted or something like that?

Ellye

01-22-2011

I believe you could start with the flat health Quints. Those are really universal runes, since they really improve the early game of every single champion.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Your choice deppends on what champions are you playing, tell us, we could help.

For reds:

Armor Pen/Magic Pen/ Attack Speed

For yellows:
Mana Regen/lvl HP/lvl Flat Amor

For Blues

Mana Regen CDR AP/lvl MR

For Quints

Flat HP/ MS/ARpen/Flat AP

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137.0

RightClickMe1

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
Your choice deppends on what champions are you playing, tell us, we could help.

For reds:

Armor Pen/Magic Pen/ Attack Speed

For yellows:
Mana Regen/lvl HP/lvl Flat Amor

For Blues

Mana Regen CDR AP/lvl

For Quints

Flat HP/ MS/ARpen/Flat AP

http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137.0
The champions I am mainly playing atm are Rammus, Olaf and Shaco.

Starke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Quote:
Yellow: Dodge and Armor (flat or scaling) are reasonable for everyone. Mana Regen is great for all champions that use mana.
Blue: Cooldown Reduction and Magic Resistance (flat or scaling) are useful for almost everyone.
^

You can skin on the dodge runes, and armor unless you want to tank, and dodge is just very expensive, the others fit perfectly in pretty much every champion except the ones that do not wear mana, in that case you can always get something like attack speed.

divine faithborn

Recruiter

01-22-2011

If you're not playing a tanky character and you want extra mana regeneration (always a good thing), the tier 3 seals and glyphs of mana regeneration per level are the way to go. Combined they give about 27 mana regen per 5 seconds at level 18, and break even with the flat mana regeneration version at about level 5. They're also really cheap for what they do.

the yellows are the primary and the blues are the secondary, but the difference is 1.8@18 vs 1.44@18.