30s queing with smurf acct friends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser Redflame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCheaterPants View Post
No, Not like that. Lets put his in warcraft terms. Its like having an 85 in lvl 60 BG ques. Its ridiculous. The other team doesn't stand a chance.

If there is 1 lvl 30 they should throw all the people in lvl 30 ques. To force the 30s to smurf to play with low lvl friends.

All I'm asking is that they only que with people within 5 lvls of the acct. Its not too extreme or hard to do.

Okay, that right there is your first issue. You're comparing this to warcraft. This is not warcraft. this is an entirely different game. Juxtaposing your own singular mindset as the "Right" way to do things is nothing more than being closed minded about situations.

If there is an individual who is level 30, who helps out their friends and queues with a level 1 or even somewhere below level 10, it is by far their right and privilege to do so. If it is a friend, there is further incentive, as to offer said friend backup in a "live fire" training such as arranged team matches.

Furthermore, any level 1 with sufficient amount of IP can get tier three runes and -use- them without much trouble. So either way, the thing really boils down to being a sore loser.

MrCheaterPants

01-26-2011

No you cant, you have to be summoner lvl 20+ to use tier 3 runes and quints. You also don't have the whole book open. You also don't have 30 mastery points to use.

It is a huge disadvantage to everyone one the other team. You can faceroll them early on to feed. Then you're op and 18 while everyone else is 12 and you're tower diving for a win at 18-24 minutes.

It is not fair, in the least.

castitatis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

No, by WoW terminology, what is going on is basically if a level 85 invited his level 10 friend inside a group, then queued for a BG, and they'd end up fighting against level 40.
In this case, the level 85 could just 1 hit everyone int he BG while his friend sits idle somewhere and racks up free Honor.
This at least isin't as bad on here, but a level 30 still gets a lot of querks over the level 15-20s he's playing against.
Flat 100+ HP, nearly 160 if he went defensive masteries.
About 15 times the mana/hp regen any of them as, letting him sit in his lane for a lot longer then the level 15.
Increased damage depending on his runes and masterys. With full armor pen runes and offensive mastery tree, we're looking at an increase of at least 50-60 damage early game.

And the problem aren't the people playing with their "new" friends, its the ones making secondary/third/ect... accounts for refferals, who already have a level 30 generally and are well above the skill level of a level 15.
You say to focus on the low level, but in those cases, the level 1 is still better then the level 15, while the level 30 clearly outskills AND outdamage the level 15.

In this case, why not have a "barebone" mode where runes and masteries don't work? Which any level can play against any level. You then force teams who have a huge level difference to enter this mode, keeping them out of the normal mode.

And anyone who says:You should feel entitled to play against high levels, it'll make you get better.
can't be any more wrong. What it does is it makes the weak willed new players quit, and shoves a "you suck badly" right in just about anyone else trying to learn the game's face. Most people aren't going to think: oh, I learned something new today! When they get facerolled by that level 30 jax/mundo/akali/warwick/fiddlestick who basically soloed everyone in the game past level 12 by himself.

KillxMe

01-29-2011

30 level players playing with a low level player should get a penalization like, 15 of their runes disabled, half effect on their masteries or something like that.

Yet, I have a lvl 30 account, and some friends started playing so I made a new account, I just picked characters I never used before so I wouldn't be much of a big deal against other new players. But seriously, high level players against low levels is unfair.

People saying things like "So I don't play with my low level frieeednsss??!?!11!1?" well, most like you shouldn't, you are ruining the game experience to people that are actually getting used to the game, yet nobody cares about others.

Anyway, most of the people doing that, or supporting that, are actually IP farmers, because I've seen people making new accounts for that purpose, so 3 30's, a level 5 smurf, and a random level 15, against a bunch of levels 15 to 20 who actually are not that experienced. Much of a problem.

Aim for the low level first? As if his friends wouldn't tell him to back off or hug a turret.

ClownInMilkTruck

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCheaterPants View Post
How is this any different from IP farming? When they have full T3 runes. Either fix this so they cant que with anyone 5 lvls lower than them or buff the other teams total damage output and resistance by 15-20%.

This is really annoying and the 4th time its happened today. You crack down on leavers and bot farmers but you don't do anything for this? Ridiculous.
Riot has stated many times, "Matchmaking is working as intended" they intend to reward sad kids with wins, obviously.

Dark Amumu Bot

01-29-2011

Smurfs faceroll low levels all the time. At least if at the end of the match they see their opponent was at the level cap they aren't disheartened and thinking that they were just completely destroyed by someone their own level. I don't think there's any problem with it.

Xythera

01-29-2011

Recently I play with a lot of lowbies (real life friends I encouraged to try the game.) Playing on my level 30 account is more advantageous to the other team than playing on a smurf account. At least playing on my level 30 account we sometimes play people in the 20's who can equally farm my friends as much if not more than I can farm them.

It's kind of crappy but there's no real solution here. I mean saying I just shouldn't play with my friends is just a bad solution. I made a 2nd account just to play with them so they stopped getting crushed, but when I play the 2nd account it seems like I just run through the whole enemy team, even though I'm level 4 and they are in the teens.

In short, just get to 30 and don't worry about it! The matchmaking changes for the better, imo, when you hit 30.

Blackhealer

01-30-2011

I don't think your friends learn anything by getting facerolled by lvl 20s and carried by you all game. They could have probably stayed in base and the outcome would have been the same. That's what's stupid with the lvl 30 + lvl 1 duo, when it includes new players trying to learn. I'd say the best way for your friends to learn would be with you playing a smurf and using a character a bit like soraka or alistar in order to help them into getting kills without doing all the kills by yourself.

The in-game community keeps on making people feel bad when they lose by telling them they suck or that they are noobs, (even Riot decided that the losing team should get less IP then the winning team) but losing is part of the game. As a matter of fact, making mistakes is the best method of learning.

Aaaaflasd

01-30-2011

well, I think that what this person means is that. Forget the runes, A level 30 player is playing on his level 1 smurf. Then he queue's with his level 30 friend, the rest of the people may or may not matter. However, this changes the tide as the rest of the people now are around level 15. So now it's 2 level 30's and a few 15s vs 5 people around level 15. Obviously the level 30's have more experience as it is not hard to get to level 15, and people may not be as experienced enough to learn things like wards, oracles, ganks, etc. Therefore, this would make it pretty unfair.

Now this is what I think he meant.

Lucius Blank

02-06-2011

So I have been playing with some friends, and since we hit about 15 ish, we have been queued with at least one 30, and what's funnier, we have got queued with 30's that are teamed up with lvls 11+, so, its just unfair.

This is starting to get annoying, we usually win when matched against people of our same level, but it's notorious when a player is lvl 30, highest damage output and usually get less damage from us.

Riot is not taking any consideration on this, I tought I could report these players, but it comes out that it is legal? Wow, go unfairness

And it is more annoying when they act like this:
Note: wheyproteinbrah was also a level 30

Before you start flaming me about how I built teemo, that lvl 30 Tryn dealt insane amounts of damage and I had to get some survability items just to resist the first three attacks.