30s queing with smurf acct friends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCheaterPants

01-22-2011

How is this any different from IP farming? When they have full T3 runes. Either fix this so they cant que with anyone 5 lvls lower than them or buff the other teams total damage output and resistance by 15-20%.

This is really annoying and the 4th time its happened today. You crack down on leavers and bot farmers but you don't do anything for this? Ridiculous.

sushibandit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

I'm confused by what you think the issue is.

Are low level "smurfs" playing with their level 30 buddies? Then what's the problem? You just kill off the low levels first, you should have a level advantage.

Are high level players "smurfing" on low level accounts? Then they don't have their tier 3 runes and masteries.

Your complaint doesn't make any sense. Try rewording or rethinking it.

BlobPower

01-22-2011

If a lvl 30 player plays on his smurf lvl 1 account, then he is almost as good as the lvl 20 guy laning against him. With the problem that the lvl 30 friend is a "little" stronger than his lvl 20 enemy.

MrCheaterPants

01-22-2011

No, the Lvl 30 is on his 30 acct and his friends smurf with lvl 5-15 and he just farms the whole team like its nothing. Its pretty much an IP farm. Once he gets his champion to lvl 10 he just 1v2or3 kills them then pushes into the tower without a scratch.

Concido

01-22-2011

I'm confused by what you think the issue is.

Are low level "smurfs" playing with their level 30 buddies? Then what's the problem? You just kill off the low levels first, you should have a level advantage.

Are high level players "smurfing" on low level accounts? Then they don't have their tier 3 runes and masteries.

Your complaint doesn't make any sense. Try rewording or rethinking it.

Skill level-wise, the people around those levels have no chance against these smurfs with less experience, adaptability and knowledge. Its like you're a professional brawler masquerading as an exquisite weak malformed person but you really aren't. If the skill level of the 5-10 friend was at what the common 5-10 friend level was like then it would be subjectively fair to say, however when you're solo queueing at low levels it isn't always the case and you end up fighting against people who know what they are doing vs your team who lacks some experience. (I have played on low level accounts before, so I get what he means)

Morry

01-23-2011

so what happens when i want to play the game with my friends who are new, i dont get to?

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

I guess they're encouraging people to create smurfs themselves so that they CAN play with their friends.

MrCheaterPants

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry View Post
so what happens when i want to play the game with my friends who are new, i dont get to?
No, Not like that. Lets put his in warcraft terms. Its like having an 85 in lvl 60 BG ques. Its ridiculous. The other team doesn't stand a chance.

If there is 1 lvl 30 they should throw all the people in lvl 30 ques. To force the 30s to smurf to play with low lvl friends.

All I'm asking is that they only que with people within 5 lvls of the acct. Its not too extreme or hard to do.

Lorthyne

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCheaterPants View Post
No, Not like that. Lets put his in warcraft terms. Its like having an 85 in lvl 60 BG ques. Its ridiculous. The other team doesn't stand a chance.

If there is 1 lvl 30 they should throw all the people in lvl 30 ques. To force the 30s to smurf to play with low lvl friends.

All I'm asking is that they only que with people within 5 lvls of the acct. Its not too extreme or hard to do.
No, it's not like a level 85 WoW character playing in a level 60 PvP setting, it's like a player who has a level 85 WoW character playing a separate character that is level 60 in a level 60 PvP setting.

In other words, the difference is not the in-game power advantage, but the skill advantage of the players.

Honestly, if you're wanting to IP farm, 15-minute practice matches against bots is a far more efficient way to do so than creating smurf accounts so that one of the 5 guys gets IP on his main account.

Also, from what I understand, the matchmaking system works more with win/loss
ratios and in-game stats than it does summoner levels. So, if you have a level 5 summoner with 6 games that he won and scored 25/2/6 in, he's going to be considered a better player and be matched up against people of a similar level. In theory, anyway.

Because there are other MOBA-style games out there (DotA as a predecessor and HoN as a competitor), summoner level isn't so much a measure of individual skill as it is experience with LoL itself. And the matchmaking system knows that.

lalaisland

Recruiter

01-24-2011

mastery/runes doesn't even matter THAT much pretty much your mad because your bad(can't beat level 30) its relaly not like they have 200 increase health or +50 damage you should feel honored to play with people at high level you might actually help you get better in the game instead of stomping pubs and boost your ego