Hao2Rammusitembuild >:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmyOverlord

01-14-2010

So, I've been having a lot of trouble balancing Rammus. He needs armor in order to take melee hits outside of Defensive Curl. He needs magic resistance, so he can withstand burst casters like Ryze, Veigar, etc. Then he needs HP. His HP/level gain won't do it. A tank isn't a tank without 3k HP.

I've learned to adapt to my enemies based on their builds and their champions, while taking into account my own team. It's just confusing.

Two core items I always get:

Philosopher's Stone
Warden's Mail

The stone, because I tend not to get many kills. So, it helps with gold intake. The HP/MP regen are great too.

Then there's Warden's mail. 81 armor for cheap. And the 25/5 HP regen is great. Unsure if the passive is helpful or not. Helps with getting away against auto-attackers, I guess.

ThePlumber

01-14-2010

I try getting a sunfire cape as soon as possible. This will help you farm minions ALOT and help you reach more items than usual. Aegis is also very solid on Rammus. If they have a YI, or trist, or other phys dmg carries, I get thornmail.

Also, dont worry about your physical damage through your passive. That is just a bonus to rammus. Rammus is there to soak up damage, and taunt their highest damage dealer so that your team can focus them.

Flux Aureo

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyOverlord View Post
So, I've been having a lot of trouble balancing Rammus. He needs armor in order to take melee hits outside of Defensive Curl. He needs magic resistance, so he can withstand burst casters like Ryze, Veigar, etc. Then he needs HP. His HP/level gain won't do it. A tank isn't a tank without 3k HP.

I've learned to adapt to my enemies based on their builds and their champions, while taking into account my own team. It's just confusing.

Two core items I always get:

Philosopher's Stone
Warden's Mail

The stone, because I tend not to get many kills. So, it helps with gold intake. The HP/MP regen are great too.

Then there's Warden's mail. 81 armor for cheap. And the 25/5 HP regen is great. Unsure if the passive is helpful or not. Helps with getting away against auto-attackers, I guess.
I try to get balanced Armor/MR and a lot of HP on rammus using this item build:

Tabi
Heart of gold
Banshee's
Sunfire

It does decent on every game, but on a mass AP enemies or mass Phys enemies I'd change some items.

zastrozzi

01-14-2010

Warden's Mail, while cool, isn't the best primary item for Rammus. I'd save up the money to grab Thornmail later on to utterly wreck autoattack carries in combination wtih ball curl. You can always grab the Warden's Mail later.

Now, I haven't played Rammus at all, but I'd certainly say that Tremors gives you enough post-6 farming to farm minions for a Warmogg's Armor.

JuliusII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

Honestly, I normally don't get those items anymore. I mostly stack more magic resist anymore since the realization that most of the champions nuke spells are magic dmg. I will grab thornmail when there is a heavy hitting melee champ, Yi, and other autoattack champs, otherwise I will grab in this order, Doran's Shield, Murc Treads/Ninja Tabi (mostly murc because of the increase in CC heavy teams), Aegis, Banshee/Thornmail (I only grab thorn if autoattack champ), Banshee (If I grabbed thorn)(will sell Doran's around this time), Force of Nature, Guardian Angel/Warmog (will grab warmog here is I grabbed thorn), Warmog. Normally I will start building force by the time the game is ending (Win or Loss). My stats with Rammus are Assist heavy because I go to be the initiator unless there is a better one on my team. The key is when you go in to taunt curl and hope to God your team has the dps to allow you to survive the rape that the other team will be attempting to do to ya.

If you feel this is to magic heavy then frozen heart is available or you can go Heart of Gold Rammus (But I am not a big fan of this build, but to each their own). If you want a more specific build iPlastic has a good guide I based my build off of. But hey GL and enjoy Rammus he can be fun since you can act like an idiot rollin around freaking out your team and enemy at the same time ^_^.