Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poppy is so overpowered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mofeta

01-14-2010

Yi's weakness (as intended anyway) is that while he can beat most heroes one on one, in a teamfight he is very easy to focus down. Poppy, on the other hand, can still beat most heroes one on one, and as long as she has her ult up she can guarantee 1v1 fights even in team battles. She is basically yi without yi's one major shortcoming.

FrankMcCrank

01-14-2010

^^^^
actually read her details, tough carry. no "tank".

Gigg

01-14-2010

For an unkown reason, I've gotten a 5 games win streak with her.
sheen + agis of legion (You don't die, so the aura stays for the whole team fight) + starks + sword of the divine/BT/IE/anything thats takes BF sword

I think shes not meant to tank at all, but shes definitively alot of meat in a team. Incredible troll possibilities with her ultimate.

You can commit 3 heroes to take down your 10% hp left, then you just put your ult on the lowest, take him down with charge/super strike, let your team roll the 2 others while you run with a + 25% run speed.

Darunu

01-14-2010

Deathknight.

Beegly Boogs

01-14-2010

Quote:
Purutzil:
See thats it though. She essencially will take 50% damage from EVERYONE attacking her. Say she has 2k life, with her passive she essencially has 4k life. Added in is the fact with some form of life steal she can regain that life back. Her Q ability can hit up 800 damage easily every few seconds. She has a drag that pulls her away from groups and can stun an enemy. She has a smaller speed boost that not only gives full stacks to increase damage and defense.

Now... that you have that in your mind... lets go and take into consideration her ult. Invulnerability except for one player for 6 seconds. This also STOPS CC from hitting her except for the chosen player. That chosen player also takes 40% damage extra from her (if I remembered max level correct)

She is ******edly OP right now. They made her to be a tank yet her benefits heavily favor dps right now.

Maybe you should learn how her passive works before complaining?

HP = 2000
10% of 2000 = 200
Damage before mitigation = 500
Poppy takes (500 - 200)*.5 + 200 damage, aka 350. Not quite as strong as you put it, but still very strong.

Average late game melee crit(350ish)
Damage before mitigation = 350
Poppy takes (350 - 200)*.5 + 200, aka 275. Strong, but not overpowered.

Let's do Veigar's ult.
Damage before mitigation = 1000
Poppy takes (1000 - 200)*.5 + 200 damage, aka 600. Probably way too strong against casters.

Her W also makes her passive weaker.

ArmedMonkey

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Ramayana:
I'm pretty unimpressed with her so far tbh. (haven't personally played her, but seen her in action in every game since the patch)

Probably being played by noobs. I played her once, went 4/0/13 doing mostly the default build.

She's a tad challenging, but if you build her up right she will be unstoppable. The problem is, the default build does not focus on HP at all - HP augments her passive and her first skill.

Leohan

01-14-2010

I was at full health at lvl 18 as Kassadin, and she rammed me into the wall. Bam, insta-kill. I was fully stacked, mind you, and had some survival items as well. Didn't help.

Mighty Sandwich

01-14-2010

Quote:
Mofeta:
Yi's weakness (as intended anyway) is that while he can beat most heroes one on one, in a teamfight he is very easy to focus down. Poppy, on the other hand, can still beat most heroes one on one, and as long as she has her ult up she can guarantee 1v1 fights even in team battles. She is basically yi without yi's one major shortcoming.

This guy hit the nail on the head. She's a monster in 1v1, and can guarantee a 1v1 for 6 seconds in any team fight as long as her Ult is up, dealing 40% increased damage and ignoring any and all damage and effects done to her by the other 4 people. Since it's not hard for her to kill anyone straight up, she can make every team fight a 4 on 5 right away.

She's an instant gamechanger, arguably on Twitch's level. Even focusing her doesn't quite work because of her Ult. Complete immunity from 4 other champions is ridiculous. A 50% reduction, even a 75% reduction from all other champions, would make her a lot more even.

Delite

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
ArmedMonkey:
Probably being played by noobs. I played her once, went 4/0/13 doing mostly the default build.

She's a tad challenging, but if you build her up right she will be unstoppable. The problem is, the default build does not focus on HP at all - HP augments her passive and her first skill.

2000HP

Getting hit with 1000 Damage
10% of 2000 = 200
600 Damage Taken

3000HP
10% of 3000 = 300
650 Damage Taken

4000HP
10% of 4000 = 400
700 Damage Taken

Granted I'm not saying that having HP is completely out of the question. I mean it is a small difference. Just stating that it doesn't augment it.

Stormsoul

01-14-2010

Quote:
Mighty Sandwich:
, she can make every team fight a 4 on 5 right away.

This is different from blitz how? rocket grab pretty much ensures a 4v5 as well.