[BUFF] Rammus [Warning : Long post]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lollerman

08-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowerOfOdin View Post
Yeah, I kinda regret not having this posted in the Adjucator forums - will do that with a slightly altered post.

If that's what he's built for, he is useless in a game like LoL, hands down.

Oh I'd say he's far from useless, but an AP build? That's pretty useless with the Rammus we have now.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-14-2009

I think he could use some buffs...but not huge ones and definitely nothing that makes him focused on AP!

Elmentar

08-15-2009

I haven't really had any problems with him personally. Though I do agree that his Ult needs some fixing (more damage too!).

I think Taunt is good right now, it forces more effort into playing him, because he's not a really "easy" hero to play. You have to pick your target carefully, watching who your teammates are attacking/stunning etc. AoE taunt sounds wonderful because I love Rammus, but it also sounds really OP.

Krazyshadow

08-15-2009

Odin said that he would like to see one or two of the changes, adding ALL of them would be OP, but making one or two of the tweaks would make him stronger, not OP. Personally I think that reducing the range of his taunt and making it AOE would be kinda self-defeating. It's already so small that if you reduce it any more it would probably only catch one person..

Akosh Peremy

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

ANY post which is about buffing Rammus should not be read. The topic is either pure nonsense or a troll/joke thread.

Rammus is the strongest tank right now. If he needs a change, that's a nerf.

He has mino's ultimate on a 18 sec cooldown to whitstand damage, while he has a much higher AoE and physical damage output than most of the tanks in-game (only Singe can possibly do more, depending on item build). He gains ridiculous amout of damage from defensive items (sunfire cape gives him phys and magic dmg, hp and armor, what else do you need?). Amongst all the tanks, he has the best farming potential for the whole game. On top of these, he has RIDICULOUS mobility with Powerball, which allows him to chase, to escape, to farm, or to repeatedly gank or push wherever he wants. Basically, he is everywhere and nowhere at the same time, depending on if you're against or with him.

Some might argue that Singed farms faster, but he does not. The main reason for this is again, Powerball - Singed might kill a creepwave/jungle spawn faster, but Rammus will get to the spot, kill, then return to fight/go to next farm much, much faster.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-15-2009

I think tanks (and mabye melee) universally need to have more health in the early game. Right now it feels like all characters gain health at similar rates, that just doesn't make sense.

Lamninator

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Rammus is one of the best characters in the game.

Lollerman

08-16-2009

The threads about making AP Rammus viable, not "buffing" Rammus so to speak. OP can't change the title of the post (you can, but it won't show any differently in the forums), so it's a slight misconception.

I'd also recommend everybody read through the entire thread first, not just his initial post. Suggestions are: making his shield/ult scale better with AP, making an alternative, non-tank AP build be just as good as the standard tanky armour stacking Rammus everybody sees.

A suggestion to nerf the damage he does to buildings using his ult was also suggested; this is across the board nerf too, not a "if we get AP buffs we need to nerf ult": ult is a tad too useful at the moment, but not anywhere useful enough at killing/chasing. If anything, this thread should be called [Rework], not [Buff], as it doesn't literally make him stronger, just opens up the possibility of an alternative build.

Lamninator

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
The threads about making AP Rammus viable, not "buffing" Rammus so to speak. OP can't change the title of the post (you can, but it won't show any differently in the forums), so it's a slight misconception.

I'd also recommend everybody read through the entire thread first, not just his initial post. Suggestions are: making his shield/ult scale better with AP, making an alternative, non-tank AP build be just as good as the standard tanky armour stacking Rammus everybody sees.

A suggestion to nerf the damage he does to buildings using his ult was also suggested; this is across the board nerf too, not a "if we get AP buffs we need to nerf ult": ult is a tad too useful at the moment, but not anywhere useful enough at killing/chasing. If anything, this thread should be called [Rework], not [Buff], as it doesn't literally make him stronger, just opens up the possibility of an alternative build.
Didn't they nerf the AP scaling ratio for him a couple patches ago?

Victory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-16-2009

I find it hard to believe people find Rammus to not be "viable" let alone underpowered. He's an amazing initiator, durable as hell, does decent AoE damage and snares, and his taunt is effectively a disable. All in all, he's a great tank. I'd hesitate to recommend any buffs for him, and I'd like to hear a dev say that his taunt isn't supposed to fail agaisnt fleeing targets before I'd even recommend a fix there.