Karthus Ult? srsly Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Karthus is one of the most squishiest champions in the game.
If they nerf Karthus NO ONE will play him.

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cradum View Post
Alpha Strike does, if you notice Yi, when he uses Alpha Strike temporarily disappears from the map. Basically, it means he's not there, in the game, at the moment, at that moment. It's weird, but that's how it is. Flash does not pop projectiles anymore so i do doubt that works anymore =(
He does dissappear, I know that. ^^

However, projectiles flying his way after he started to Alpha still hit him once he's arrived at his target. That's why I'm not sure.

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmar78 View Post
Every single one of those idea's are situational. My main is Annie.
No. Junior Member. Cease being a moron.

Banshees Veil is ALWAYS a good defensive item, and arguably the BEST MR item in the game. It's good enough that even some characters who have no mana at all still have cause to grab it, like Shen.

It's a guaranteed blocked nuke/cc every thirty seconds.

Next on the agenda: YOU ARE ANNIE. You have a built in MR increasing shield. Use it.

And just to add to the list of Karthus counters: QSS. One of the cheapest and most overlooked MR items. It's similar to a Banshees Veil except it doesn't block nukes and the effect needs to be activated. Excellent against Vlad or Morde or Karthus. They ult you? QSS active ability REMOVES their ult. No more Hemoplague, Children of the Grave, or Requiem hanging over your head.

You are forgiven ONCE for your transgression because you're a junior member and don't understand the game. Now you know the proper counters. If you QQ about it AGAIN, you are officially a Baddie and your concerns are largely irrelevant.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
By HP awareness I mean don't hang around with 200 or less HP once he's hit 6 and you know his ult is off CD. If there's a teamfight going on, and you suspect that he has his ult up, retreat with more HP than you usually do. If you think it's a bad idea to 'maybe' not die and feed his Mejai's stacks, then I can't help.

Annie is better built tanky than pure AP, anyway. I usually get a RoA and a Veil and still do fine. As for it coming later in the game... well, if you're up against AP users, especially the ones who rely on single nukes or spell combos, you shouldn't wait to get MR and maybe a Veil. You should shut down their damage ASAP. Especially if they buy snowball items. As I said, you don't need a Veil early on, but getting a Negatron Cloak fairly early, or some HP (RoA for Annie), helps a ton. Counters their initial magic penetration (which they get from runes and masteries), and forces the opposing casters to invest in more magicpen.

There's no way to 'avoid it' other than what we've already posted. If you think those things are situational, and shouldn't be used as common counters I can't help you more.
Nope I hear you. My common items are Abyssal scepter, AA, Void Staff Sorcerer's shoes, Deathfire Grasp and R. Deathcap. (which I will switch with Banshee's Veil if needed with the grasp or cap)

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

I think you badly need a RoA in your build. Annie has one of the worst HP and HP scaling of all the champs. She's a real squishy.

Also, only grab a Void staff if their whole team has over 150 MR.

And I've found AAS to be inferior to RoA stacking, but to each their own. ^^

I see that you're building zero suvivability, other than a Veil. ^^ Consider getting more AP/HP items. At least two. A Catalyst will also ensure that you never pill home from a lane (usually mid solo).

@ Giltia Zero

Does QSS really remove Requiem? Last time I heard about it, it didn't.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giltia Zero View Post
No. Junior Member. Cease being a moron.

Banshees Veil is ALWAYS a good defensive item, and arguably the BEST MR item in the game. It's good enough that even some characters who have no mana at all still have cause to grab it, like Shen.

It's a guaranteed blocked nuke/cc every thirty seconds.

Next on the agenda: YOU ARE ANNIE. You have a built in MR increasing shield. Use it.

And just to add to the list of Karthus counters: QSS. One of the cheapest and most overlooked MR items. It's similar to a Banshees Veil except it doesn't block nukes and the effect needs to be activated. Excellent against Vlad or Morde or Karthus. They ult you? QSS active ability REMOVES their ult. No more Hemoplague, Children of the Grave, or Requiem hanging over your head.

You are forgiven ONCE for your transgression because you're a junior member and don't understand the game. Now you know the proper counters. If you QQ about it AGAIN, you are officially a Baddie and your concerns are largely irrelevant.
You seem to think I don't use shield for some unknown reason? I use shield all the time, I'm not an idiot. It's up when cd is up ALL THE TIME. Especially for stun build up. Im def. not a bad player with a 49 - 20 record. Yes I am still very new at "this" game. Calling me a moron doesn't do anything but make you look and sound fail from the get go. Why do that to yourself?. While your information seems sound, you lose credibility. Calm down nerd, calm down. oh, and thanks for "forgiving" me, I was really upset there for a min.

Side note: What do I look for before I get hit with Karthus' Ult. Is there a sound, anime,etc?

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
I think you badly need a RoA in your build. Annie has one of the worst HP and HP scaling of all the champs. She's a real squishy.

Also, only grab a Void staff if their whole team has over 150 MR.

And I've found AAS to be inferior to RoA stacking, but to each their own. ^^

I see that you're building zero suvivability, other than a Veil. ^^ Consider getting more AP/HP items. At least two. A Catalyst will also ensure that you never pill home from a lane (usually mid solo).

@ Giltia Zero

Does QSS really remove Requiem? Last time I heard about it, it didn't.
Thanks for the info. I build annie to go straight magic pen and AP (secondary) HP was always a stat I put on the back burner because I like going pure damage with her. I am still figuring out good rune/mastery/item builds for her. I'll try the hp as from what I have read in many post thats what people who use annie are doing now. But I have always been a "if its a dps toon, then tighten up on not getting hit and allocate anything I can into maximizing my damage" kinda guy. I did forget to mention that I do use RoA...its usually second or third depending on if I go AA or not. I have heard/read polarizing posts about stacking them though. What are your thoughts on this?

Dying, to be honest isn't a big issue for me, as Im sure if there was a way to see my profile you could see this on my death count per match. Thanks again for the info.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
If you are walking away from the battle with that little HP, then anything can get you. Karthus's ult is the only thing that makes him great. Without that, he would be completely crappy. Every champ has things that makes them unique. I agree that sometimes it sucks, especially when he does it from his grave and gets the occasional penta kill. Unfortunately, that is how the game goes sometimes. You have to remember, through the course of the game, this doesn't always happen and if it happens a lot, you need to avoid that situation by monitoring your life more closely when you know his ult might be ready. Sometimes you can block it, sometimes you cannot, but as mentioned earlier, it shouldn't always happen to you.
I think I just need to play Karthus when he comes around and learn firsthand about this guy. When I got pegged both times I was in my well about to be at the shop and I got nabbed. My triumphant smile went to a very scorned sad face, very quickly

Giltia Zero

01-22-2011

Quote:
Calling me a moron doesn't do anything but make you look and sound fail from the get go. Why do that to yourself?. While your information seems sound, you lose credibility.
This is because you're delusional and your indignation blinds you from the simple fact that yes, you are a moron.

I'm calling you a moron because you're a moron. The fact that you're a moron has no implications about my own intelligence as I am clearly not the moron here, moron.

Read, yeah, QSS works. Banshees is generally better for the increased Mana and Health, but QSS lets you decide which spels effects are more important to cancel out. It's like what Cleanse used to be.

chenjy9

01-22-2011

Quote:
I think I just need to play Karthus when he comes around and learn firsthand about this guy. When I got pegged both times I was in my well about to be at the shop and I got nabbed. My triumphant smile went to a very scorned sad face, very quickly
Don't feel too bad. I remember I was running back with Anivia to find a safe place to blue pill and an enemy Ez missed the champions in top and mid that he was AIMING for and got me right before I got to the bush by total accident. That was a really bad feeling.