Karthus Ult? srsly Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

if I use flash, what should i look for to know when to use it?

chenjy9

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmar78 View Post
Every single one of those idea's are situational. My main is Annie.

Shaco might not be on my team.

I can't focus fire somebody who is nowhere near me ~ likewise breaking his channel.

HP awareness? I am runnning back to well to recover from a intense battle, what more hp awareness can I be "aware" of? I'm low and need to recover. Being in battle but leaving just to make sure I have enough HP to cover a "maybe ult" by him is a terrible idea.

Banshees veil wont come until later in the game, even then walking out of a battle.....chances are I dont have the CD up.

Heal isn't an option when its on cd from the battle you just got out of, that is even if you have it as an ability.
This is the point of situational items. If you find yourself getting killed a lot by his Ult, then get MR items. The point of the game is to adapt to win, not stubbornly use the same items over and over. If you are dying from magic, get more MR. If AD carries are wrecking you, get Thormail. There is no cookie cutter method to victory against skilled players.

VonMonocle

01-22-2011

Quote:
Doesn't Annie have a shield that gives her MR?

Seriously though, buy some defensive items occasionally. An Abyssal Scepter works wonders against Karthus as Annie.

Of course, some people just have problems deviating from their damage items because they think they should never have to buy defensive items unless they are the tank.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
This is the point of situational items. If you find yourself getting killed a lot by his Ult, then get MR items. The point of the game is to adapt to win, not stubbornly use the same items over and over. If you are dying from magic, get more MR. If AD carries are wrecking you, get Thormail. There is no cookie cutter method to victory against skilled players.
I understand this, I change what my toon gets all the time from what I face and who I fight. But even if I walk out of battle with 1 hp, no amount of mr is going to save me. Taking damage from anywhere on the map seems a bit much, regardless of what you do to minimize the damage. Im talking about the mechanic itself.

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

Quote:

Shaco might not be on my team.

I can't focus fire somebody who is nowhere near me ~ likewise breaking his channel.

HP awareness? I am runnning back to well to recover from a intense battle, what more hp awareness can I be "aware" of? I'm low and need to recover. Being in battle but leaving just to make sure I have enough HP to cover a "maybe ult" by him is a terrible idea.

Banshees veil wont come until later in the game, even then walking out of a battle.....chances are I dont have the CD up.

Heal isn't an option when its on cd from the battle you just got out of, that is even if you have it as an ability.
By HP awareness I mean don't hang around with 200 or less HP once he's hit 6 and you know his ult is off CD. If there's a teamfight going on, and you suspect that he has his ult up, retreat with more HP than you usually do. If you think it's a bad idea to 'maybe' not die and feed his Mejai's stacks, then I can't help.

Annie is better built tanky than pure AP, anyway. I usually get a RoA and a Veil and still do fine. As for it coming later in the game... well, if you're up against AP users, especially the ones who rely on single nukes or spell combos, you shouldn't wait to get MR and maybe a Veil. You should shut down their damage ASAP. Especially if they buy snowball items. As I said, you don't need a Veil early on, but getting a Negatron Cloak fairly early, or some HP (RoA for Annie), helps a ton. Counters their initial magic penetration (which they get from runes and masteries), and forces the opposing casters to invest in more magicpen.

There's no way to 'avoid it' other than what we've already posted. If you think those things are situational, and shouldn't be used as common counters I can't help you more.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMonocle View Post
Doesn't Annie have a shield that gives her MR?

Seriously though, buy some defensive items occasionally. An Abyssal Scepter works wonders against Karthus as Annie.

Of course, some people just have problems deviating from their damage items because they think they should never have to buy defensive items unless they are the tank.
Abyssal Scepter is always in my item list...i luvs it most

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

Adding to what I said, if you think about it, Karthus doesn't really have anything going for him other than his ult. He has a nuke which is strong, but can be avoided fairly easily. He has a wall which is also fairly dodgeable. And his Defile puts him in harms way.

He's a lot harder to play than Annie, too. ^^

TooDrunkToFunk

01-22-2011

When I play Janna and Karth pops his brainless ult I usually look for the lowest HP person and shield them, it saves them sometimes.

It just sucks when there's multiple people with low hp, you know someone is going to die to the nonsense.

chenjy9

01-22-2011

Quote:
I understand this, I change what my toon gets all the time from what I face and who I fight. But even if I walk out of battle with 1 hp, no amount of mr is going to save me. Taking damage from anywhere on the map seems a bit much, regardless of what you do to minimize the damage. Im talking about the mechanic itself.
If you are walking away from the battle with that little HP, then anything can get you. Karthus's ult is the only thing that makes him great. Without that, he would be completely crappy. Every champ has things that makes them unique. I agree that sometimes it sucks, especially when he does it from his grave and gets the occasional penta kill. Unfortunately, that is how the game goes sometimes. You have to remember, through the course of the game, this doesn't always happen and if it happens a lot, you need to avoid that situation by monitoring your life more closely when you know his ult might be ready. Sometimes you can block it, sometimes you cannot, but as mentioned earlier, it shouldn't always happen to you.

Cradum

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
A single Negatron Cloak is good from early-mid game.

Merc's treads also have magic resist and make his slow weaker.

If he stacks AP, get more MR (magic resist).

If he stacks magic penetration after (Sorc's shoes, Haunting Guise, Void Staff), he'll make most of that MR useless, so get some HP.

Banshee's Veil has both HP and MR and a spellshield which can block his ult altogether every 30 seconds. That's what makes it so good.

That's why once you know what he does and go clever about it, he's not a big issue.

@ Vitrael

I doubt that Alpha strike and Flash dodge Requiem. They don't pop projectiles.
Alpha Strike does, if you notice Yi, when he uses Alpha Strike temporarily disappears from the map. Basically, it means he's not there, in the game, at the moment, at that moment. It's weird, but that's how it is. Flash does not pop projectiles anymore so i do doubt that works anymore =(