Karthus Ult? srsly Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Okay, there are some summoner skills in the game that I firmly believe are broken but I think the one I have come across that makes the game just completely unfair is Karthus' Ult that hits every opposing team champ anywhere on the map.

I'm fighting a battle, against 1~2 people. I kill them THROUGH SKILL but barely walk away from it trying to get back to base and then I get killed by this guy who is at the complete other end of the map.

Come on RIOT, at least put a radius on him. A 3 sec cast time means nothing when he can do it from anywhere. This takes the skill completely out of the game when he ult's. It's a terrible idea.

I would like somebody to justify why this is even a mechanic in a game that supposedly takes skill/strategy/teamwork, etc. There is no skill in pushing a button from the other end of a map and watching the opposing team (whoever has low hit points) die. People work very hard for their kills, many times in a game. His Ult should not be able to KILL a low hit point champion if it has a infinite radius. It should be used to weaken at best.

Coming out of a battle victorious, but walking out beat up with low hit points just to be ganked from someone who doesn't even know where you are on the map, isn't skill and it undermines the very mechanics of balance in a game.

Regardless of the cooldown, the cast time, how "hard" he is to play.....this is something I really feel you should address.

AT LEAST, make some sort of way to get out of it or prep for it, put a radius on it or make it not be able to damage a champion that has a certain amount of hit points left (like <100 or something), but make it to where it doesnt just hit you wherever you are. So dumb.

nevets04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Karthus's ult is op. However, since riot doesn't care about balance. I doubt anything will be fixed.

Xizeta

01-22-2011

Boohoo, have a fu-king tissue. Just because you have to take a slightly different approach does not mean he is overpowered. Is damage output early and mid game is not that impressive. There is a huge cooldown which can easily be accounted for. Furthermore, there are numberous items that can be bought to mitigate of render his ultimate useless.

vidovich

01-22-2011

Shen can easily own karthuses ult nad some Magic resist wouldn't be bad, u are noob complaining thing that aren't problems....

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

There are these things called magic resist, Banshee's Veil, Heal, shields, Shaco's ult, breaking his channeling, focus fire, and HP awareness.

Try some of those, they work wonders.

Tandin

01-22-2011

You wanna know how many times I have been last hit by karthus's ult? 0

You kow how often my teammates get last hit in a game? 2-4 depending on the game

Karthus isn't broken, his ult is just unique and entirely situational. If you gank him before he can do serious damage to you then guess what? He pops his ult, your entire team is alive and can continue stomping now that he is out of the way.

Karthus's ult is one of those things that looks broken on paper, but is actually okay once you get down to it. If you think i am lying look at how many kills he get compared to someone like fiddlestick or lux.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Xizeta, What approach do you take then? What do you do when you walk out of a battle with low hit points just to die from it?

srsly, be constructive in your response, post how you approach it instead of trolling. All you can do with your post is cry about my post. I put idea's up about how to go about fixing or adjusting. All you can do is act like a 3 year old. How about being constructive in your post instead of nerd raging out about it.

For example: You could buy these items "insert items"to mitigate his damage completely as you posted above. I know no items that will negate his damage completely so enlighten me rather than tooling around acting like a ******. ******

Vitrael

01-22-2011

Partially negates Requiem ult:

Morg shield
Janna bubble
Yi meditate
Mord shield
Hexdrinker
ALL MR ITEMS

Completely negates Requiem ult:

Banshee's veil
Sivir spellshield
Kayle ult
Vlad pool
Master yi Alpha strike
Shen ult
Well-timed flash
Not feeding Karthus
The list goes on...

ReadInPeace

01-22-2011

A single Negatron Cloak is good from early-mid game.

Merc's treads also have magic resist and make his slow weaker.

If he stacks AP, get more MR (magic resist).

If he stacks magic penetration after (Sorc's shoes, Haunting Guise, Void Staff), he'll make most of that MR useless, so get some HP.

Banshee's Veil has both HP and MR and a spellshield which can block his ult altogether every 30 seconds. That's what makes it so good.

That's why once you know what he does and go clever about it, he's not a big issue.

@ Vitrael

I doubt that Alpha strike and Flash dodge Requiem. They don't pop projectiles.

Dmar78

01-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadInPeace View Post
There are these things called magic resist, Banshee's Veil, Heal, shields, Shaco's ult, breaking his channeling, focus fire, and HP awareness.

Try some of those, they work wonders.
Every single one of those idea's are situational. My main is Annie.

Shaco might not be on my team.

I can't focus fire somebody who is nowhere near me ~ likewise breaking his channel.

HP awareness? I am runnning back to well to recover from a intense battle, what more hp awareness can I be "aware" of? I'm low and need to recover. Being in battle but leaving just to make sure I have enough HP to cover a "maybe ult" by him is a terrible idea.

Banshees veil wont come until later in the game, even then walking out of a battle.....chances are I dont have the CD up.

Heal isn't an option when its on cd from the battle you just got out of, that is even if you have it as an ability.