[Guide] - Poppy "The Midget Linebacker" (Hybrid)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RikkuHime

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalveenKush View Post
I think you guys got the math wrong. The passive states any damage that exceeds 10% of Poppy's current health is reduced by 50%.

The damage that EXCEEDS 10% of Poppy's current health is halved.

Meaning she still takes the full 10% of the original damage, then the rest is halved.

CalveenKush

01-15-2010

Quote:
The damage that EXCEEDS 10% of Poppy's current health is halved.

Meaning she still takes the full 10% of the original damage, then the rest is halved.
I stand corrected.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

01-15-2010

Quote:
Here are your choices:

1. Have 4k... make them burn through 2k so your passive starts working and they have used their cooldowns.

2. Have 2k and get your passive working right away even though they are nuking the hell out of you with all their awesome abilities.

She becomes exponentially harder to kill the more health she has. If you are any good at math and can see the patterns then you know what i'm taking about...

One last point: How many time have you been hit with a spell that hits harder than 400 or crit? Late game thats pretty much all of them. So your passive is working the whole time. Don't be so blind.

Maybe there character is too new for people to understand her true strengths and weakness.
If you get hit for 1000 (veigars ult) with 4000 current health, the first 400 will hit you for 400, and since the rest was the part over 10% (400), it would be reduced by 50%, which means you would take 600x.5 +400 for a total of 700 damage.

If you get hit for 1000 (veigars ult) with 2000 current health, the first 200 will hit for full damage while the rest would be reduced, for a total of 600 damage taken.

So he is correct in saying that you would take less damage if you had 2000 health as opposed to 4000, but after getting hit with the ult in both situations, one poppy would be at 1400 health and the other at 3300. Stacking HP isn't really a detriment with poppy.

Edit:
Also I would like to point out that a tank poppy isn't a bad idea, because her auto attacks are weak as ****, and, like blitz and nasus, her damage comes from that amazing 4 second cooldown "nuke-strike". Even playing a tank build with a sheen, you can charge around and hit for 1k with it and live a lot longer to boot. Both builds work fine, dps or tank, but I find the best choice to make depends on how many stuns they have. If they have too many, you essentially have 6 seconds to kill a target. If they are all tower diving gladiator carries like yi, trynd, and malphite, you can be a bigger gladiator and rock their worlds because poppy is arguably one of the best 1v1s around. Nuke strike, run, nuke strike, run, etc. They think they will win but if you just kite them and smash their faces, eventually they will turn to leave because you WILL nearly always outdamage them. Tri-force is amazing on her, and I've nearly one shot twitch with devastate, but it is expensive for that extra 50% damage on the strikes for roughly the price of a warmogs.

CalveenKush

01-15-2010

I've been messing around with my tank build and bit and a early sheen isn't bad at all. I wouldn't make it a Tri-force because its too expensive and it doesn't work too great for tanking. Unless the game goes really really late and you have nothing else to do with the sheen

Who wins 1v1.

Nidalee vs. Poppy

It seems like Poppy would win. I can't think of many tatics where Nidalee would come the victor.

What do you guys think?

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

The conclusion is: you will live a bit longer with more hp against a heavy burst team.
you will live a lot longer with more hp against an attack speed team.

CalveenKush

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
The conclusion is: you will live a bit longer with more hp against a heavy burst team.
you will live a lot longer with more hp against an attack speed team.
Situational tank build i guess.

PinkyThePig

01-17-2010

Poppy is not meant to be a tank.

First SS is a normal game, second one is a practice game vs other ppl.

That loss was against a 5 stun team with 3 exhausts.

Feynt

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyThePig View Post
Poppy is not meant to be a tank.

First SS is a normal game, second one is a practice game vs other ppl.
They appear to be the same screen shot, damage dealt and all. I find it improbable that you could so expertly match damage dealt, taken, and gold earned between two games, let alone kills and assists.

PinkyThePig

01-17-2010

oops
ill have to fix in a sec

second one should be 14-0-3

NoobFisher

01-19-2010

Quote:
Here are your choices:

1. Have 4k... make them burn through 2k so your passive starts working and they have used their cooldowns.

2. Have 2k and get your passive working right away even though they are nuking the hell out of you with all their awesome abilities.

She becomes exponentially harder to kill the more health she has. If you are any good at math and can see the patterns then you know what i'm taking about...

One last point: How many time have you been hit with a spell that hits harder than 400 or crit? Late game thats pretty much all of them. So your passive is working the whole time. Don't be so blind.

Maybe there character is too new for people to understand her true strengths and weakness.
This is incorrect, i do know what exponentialy means, and ur wrong to say that she gets exponentialy harder to kill, exponentialy harder to kill means that the more hp she gets, the dificulty in taking down her health increases by a greater proportion then the dificulty made from the bonus health, when actually she is easier to damage at more health, and the damage done is reduced the lower she gets through her passive