Amumu laning partners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhonya

01-14-2010

Hello all. I've been playing for quite a while now and recently hit 30, mainly playing Annie, Sivir, and Mundo. My friend recently got heavily into the game and is going to be playing Amumu, so I am curious about optimal lane partners for me and him to lane together. Thanks for any feedback ahead of time.

Viro Melchior

01-14-2010

Wow. Stupid login. Ate the entire post.
So here's names, minimal reasoning:

Harassers

• Shaco
  • Annie
  • Ryze
  • Evelyn
  • Twitch
Stealth is huge for forcing the enemy back, as they have to be constantly paranoid every time Amumu pushes. And Annie and Ryze both have huge burst plus ranged basics

Ranged Harassers
  • Ashe
  • Teemo
  • Twisted Fate
Characters that want to farm, but aren't stellar gankers by themselves. Not as high compatibility, but provide cover for Amumu while he farms some of the creeps too.

Melee Harassers
  • Gangplank
  • Nunu
Worse again than the ranged harassers, as your lane becomes easier to harass back without a ranged or stealth character. So particularly strong single-shot ranged skills are needed

Fbsunny

01-14-2010

In general he lanes well with people with a lot of burst or a lot of AoE damage.
Annie, Rhyze, Fiddlesticks all have a disable + good AoE, which means you will most likely be able to get a double kill at lvl 6. Also Amumu's passive will help all of these hero's a lot, and both Rhyze and Fiddle also lower the enemies magic resistance.

And ofc Amumu can also help get tower kills, so Alistar/Rammus/Blitzcrank can all work well.
Stun+ pull/push to tower+ bandage toss+ Amumu Ult means that they will for sure die as long as you set it up correctly.

MrSARS

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
In general he lanes well with people with a lot of burst or a lot of AoE damage.
Annie, Rhyze, Fiddlesticks all have a disable + good AoE, which means you will most likely be able to get a double kill at lvl 6. Also Amumu's passive will help all of these hero's a lot, and both Rhyze and Fiddle also lower the enemies magic resistance.

And ofc Amumu can also help get tower kills, so Alistar/Rammus/Blitzcrank can all work well.
Stun+ pull/push to tower+ bandage toss+ Amumu Ult means that they will for sure die as long as you set it up correctly.
Dude it's late get some sleep

Demonskin

01-14-2010

Yea basically anyone that can stun or harass form a distance its perfect for the mummy dude:3 hell in some cases even Alistar can be really good

Wappas

01-14-2010

I prefer mages with burst dps to lane with me when i go Amumu. My friend plays annie a lot and the amumu / annie combo works nicely together.

Fbsunny

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSARS View Post
Dude it's late get some sleep
Look who is talking.

Demonskin

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wappas View Post
I prefer mages with burst dps to lane with me when i go Amumu. My friend plays annie a lot and the amumu / annie combo works nicely together.

I dont fully agree, mages have a tendency to steal all the money and that makes it hard to get your early gear. Veigar works out well until you get your sunfire and you can just mob like mad for cash

TheI3east

01-15-2010

Gangplank + Amumu rarely go wrong, their ults mesh together extremely well, and can easily win a gank at lvl 6 or secure a win in a team fight.

HowlingKommando

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheI3east View Post
Gangplank + Amumu rarely go wrong, their ults mesh together extremely well, and can easily win a gank at lvl 6 or secure a win in a team fight.
^^
This.