Poppy - This Champ Seems lLike Some Good

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seantzizl

01-13-2010

I've been wrecking with poppy all day. Not sure what everybody else is doing but i've been ...

Summoner Spells
Exhaust/Teleport

Masteries
25 in Offense

Abilities
I've been starting with The Hammer (Q), then taking 1 point in the speed/armor boost (W), and then 1 point in the charge (E), then I max out (Q) and (E)

Items
Start with Saphire Crystal and 2 health Pots
Sheen - It makes the hammer hit for a ridiculous amount of damage
Berserker Greeves
Malady
Infinities Edge

What's everybody else doing?

zoau

01-14-2010

y, poppy is fun, aint she? i use flash/teleport, because the E skill needs some positioning to be most effective, therefore flash.
i start with W skill because it does not need mana and lets me last hit minions easily. plusit gives me some extra move speed for getting that first blood or not being it when i activate it. E or Q is nex, then the other and maxing E first, then Q then E at the moment.
itemwise i go for a sheen like you, no question a great item. in the end i make it a triforce
boots i get the basic ones and wait a while whats the more dangerous enemies, then go for ninja or mercury.
then im still trying what to go for. if its damage Poppy of course the usual stuff like infinity edge,
life leech from starks if noone on team has it, malady if somone has and that critchance/lifeleech sword if i have mundo/alistair/soraka/singed/etc to kill but then i still need some speed
tankier poppy gets a frozen mallet (still a fine chaser with the W skill and some sow i think) and armor or magic resist depending on enemy team.
had my 5 games with her, was ok till now. but only thing im sure of is getting the sheen ASAP.
btw skill combo is like: E auto attack Q auto atttack W auto attack and then see how far you have to chase.
R is nice skill, if you target a weak auto attacker like ryze in the fight its like invulnerability PLUS moar damage if he is stupid enough not to run

mcmsatan66

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoau View Post
R is nice skill, if you target a weak auto attacker like ryze in the fight its like invulnerability PLUS moar damage if he is stupid enough not to run

untill he nukes your ass to dead?

zoau

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmsatan66 View Post
untill he nukes your ass to dead?
y you are right, mixed that up with taunt which forces you to autoattack, so wrong info here.
still he didnt nuke me but ran. maybe all on cd or something.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

Poppy's passive makes Ryze a good target. He can't hit you for more than 10% hp at once.

zastrozzi

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodguy View Post
Poppy's passive makes Ryze a good target. He can't hit you for more than 10% hp at once.
This is wrong. Poppy's passive cuts damage over 10% of her HP in half, which means that if Ryze can nuke you for 20% of life, you will instead be hit for 15%

Ryze is actually a terrible target, as Rune Prison has 6 ticks on it at level 5. Even if each tick only deals 8% of your hp, you're going to be at half life afterwards. Heck, Spell Flux with his ult on can ruin your day as well, as you can be hit directly twice and caught in 3 AoEs. Ryze isn't a burst champ any more, he a continual caster.

Ironically, of all the mage types, Ryze might be the *best* against Poppy.

I haven't actually played with Poppy yet, due to people fighting over her in every game. Does her ult block ability effects, like stuns?

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

Masteries: 21-0-9

Itens: Been going sheen -> then rushing IE -> Last Whisper -> Finishing Trinity

No game so far has gone further ;/

ShloobeR

01-14-2010

Devastating blow is ridiculously overpowered to the point I think it's bugged,

I was hitting 1400+ with trinity last game, there's just no way you can lose with this hero

Labomba

01-14-2010

Mastery: 9/21/0
Runes: Right now, full crit runes. Someone suggested attack speed runes in another guide, but one IAS item is plenty for her imo.

Summoner abilities:
Rally/Heal - keeps you in battle longer if you want to soak damage
Exhaust/Flash - makes interesting use of Charge -> chase
Any combination of Flash + rally/heal would work well too

Abilities - I have built her two ways, success with both.
Order #1 - gives earlier burst damage
R > Q > E > W
Order #2 - is a conservative farming build. Take one rank of Q and E by level 3.
R > W > Q > E

I have pretty much only been doing dps builds.
cloth armor -> Ninja Tabi
Zeal -> Phantom Dancer
vamp scepter -> Bloodthrister
in that order.
Beyond this, I'll take some MR to round out my defenses if AP is heavy on the other team.