Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which starting Item for Teemo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twentytwo

01-14-2010

Sup fellas,

With the updated patch and all, i was just wondering which would be considered a better starting item for Teemo, Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield?

I've been using Doran's Shield because Teemo is super squishy, so therefore the additional health and health regen allows me to stay in my lane longer. With the new patch that came out, however, Doran's Blade slightly appeals to me because it was changed to have 4% Life Steal. 4% isn't much, but still. So, which would YOU consider to be a better starting item for a dps Teemo, Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield? Discuss.

P.S. I haven't tried out the Doran's Blade yet so I'm not sure if 4% life steal really does anything at all (not to mention it won't be so effeective in the long run). IMO, i think i still think Doran's Shield is better.

Scruttocks

01-14-2010

I only recently started trying teemo, but have a feeling once I hit 20 and get a couple of flat hp quints, I would definitely want to start with long sword + hp pot.

Easier last hits and build first item quicker (phage -> mallet, or last whisper)

JunkRamen

01-14-2010

Doran's Blade still doesn't strike me as a very good item. 4% LD is like, 2 hp a hit. 6 damage isn't much even at level 1. I'd take the shield over blade any day.

Raro

01-14-2010

I usually start with Doran's Shield and a Health Pot.
Then I'll Keep that untill I have my main 4/5 items before selling it for the money or to get some more item space...
Really useful Early Game though

MrSARS

01-14-2010

Quote:
twentytwo:
Sup fellas,

With the updated patch and all, i was just wondering which would be considered a better starting item for Teemo, Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield?

I've been using Doran's Shield because Teemo is super squishy, so therefore the additional health and health regen allows me to stay in my lane longer. With the new patch that came out, however, Doran's Blade slightly appeals to me because it was changed to have 4% Life Steal. 4% isn't much, but still. So, which would YOU consider to be a better starting item for a dps Teemo, Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield? Discuss.

P.S. I haven't tried out the Doran's Blade yet so I'm not sure if 4% life steal really does anything at all (not to mention it won't be so effeective in the long run). IMO, i think i still think Doran's Shield is better.

Used to run doran's shield with health pot I LOVE this item now doran's blade is the **** with teemo. I use teemo almost always too I love riot for doing this. the lifesteal is the best it's like having health regen.

01-14-2010

IMO Doran's shield is still better. Gives you health regen if you're double harassed or solo mid vis fiddle. The lifesteal staff was never a good choice and doran's blade has even less lifesteal. Teemo can already easily last hit stuff.