Rules of Order

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

Following in the footsteps of these immensely useful guides, I am posting a set of rules that a group of us came up with. These rules are designed to make chat RPs run smoothly and orderly, with as little chaos and confusion as possible.

1. Make A Plan. Things run infinitley smoother if you decide things beforehand. You don't have to plan out the entire story, but make sure to decide on the setting, who is there, what is there, who can join, etc.

2. Get A Room. Make a password protected chatroom specifically for the RP, and have another room for normal OOC chatting while the RP is in progress. That way you can decide who to let in by giving them the password in the OOC room.

3. Choose A GM. (GM = Game Master/Manager. Also referred to as DM = Dungeon Master) The GM basically runs the show. He helps to sort out arguments between players, sets up scenes, brings in plot related events and NPC's. He also is in charge of kicking intruders and trolls, and briefing people who join in the middle. You can decide whether or not the GM can control one of his own Characters as well, just as long as he can handle both and be impartial. I would suggest letting the GM participate in the RP, but not in the battles.

I will add new rules as they come up.

AmusedGlint

01-22-2011

+1 and Bump

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Does anyone want me to write some GM tips as well as the other stuff we've got as resources?

Oh. And bump.

Munchlord

01-23-2011

I'll try to write up some GM tips if I can, then you can edit them into the OP.

also, +1 and bump

sp1d3r

01-23-2011

Good tips, we are attempting to start RP at www.thelolfansite.com either in the forums or in a chat room or both.

Would like more help on the subject if you are interested.

Thanks.