Malphite Item Progression

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parricidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Title says it all. Getting back into Malphite, wondering what everyone does for item progression. I'm not quite sure what major item I should be focusing on first, since he needs armor for his damage output but has lower HP than some of the other tougher champions. Warmogs would help with his tankiness and survivability, though I feel an early Frozen Heart can really benefit both himself and the team, with the CDR/AS aura and the mana. Alternatively, Sunfire Cape gives him the essentials - armor and HP - packed into one item. etc.

Mpalm

01-13-2010

I occasionally get Doran's shield, but my build normally goes Aegis first > Mercury / Ninja Tabi > Frozen Heart > Banshee's Veil / Guardian Angel

The banshee's may come before frozen heart if they are caster / disable heavy. I wouldn't suggest warmog's, he doesn't benefit much from the health compared to armor and magic resist.

You can also throw in a heart of gold or two.

Holepuncher

01-14-2010

My build is very similar to the previous poster:

-Catalyst - early game hp/mp boost and good regen

-(Maybe Heart of Gold - extra gold if you're having trouble farming)

-Mercury Treads - best all-purpose boots in the game

-Frozen Heart - big armor boost, -cd, good anti-carry debuff, and as much mana as you could ever need

-Banshee's Veil - more mp/hp, MR, and spell block

This build is really flexible though. Take a good look at your enemy's damage types:

-If they have a lot of magic damage, replace Frozen Heart with Force of Nature and/or Spirit Visage.

-If they have a lot of physical damage, replace Mercury Treads with Ninja Tabi and throw in a Warden's Mail or Thornmail instead of Banshee's Veil.

Late game, Guardian Angel is a good choice. If you're feeling silly and/or have a lot of cash, grab some Sunfire Capes.

Lumaca

01-14-2010

Hmm... I go HoG, Boot, Frozen Heart (tailor made for malphite). Then, depends on what the game requires. Sometimes Mallet, sometimes Sunfire Sunfire Sunfire.

EasymodeX

01-14-2010

Yep. You build Malphite differently depending on your team comp and the enemy damage type.

I almost universally start witha HoG -- just great value for Malphite. Aegis is very effective as well, against all opponent compositions. Boots are a "magic damage versus physical damage" question (Merc vs. Tabi). With a side option for Swiftness/Mobility if you're prime on ganking (and it doesn't escalate immediately into 5v5s -- Mobility also good for solo lane pushing randomly).

Beyond that, I typically roll to Frozen Heart + Sunfire stack for physical damage enemy comps. Warden Mail and Thornmail are effective for specific contexts where opponents like to attack you.

For magic damage pew pew, Veil + anything on the Magic Resist page (depending on specific bonuses that counter the opponents). FoN being an entertaining pick, etc.

edino

01-14-2010

ninja tabi -> thornspike -> banshes veil -> frozen mallet ->phanton dancer -> sword of the divine -> warmongs/frozen heart