Irelia or Renekton?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoalaDolphin

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangTianChou View Post
well i been fighting some good renekton, and they seem to be doing more then ok~~ he stun, he dash through wall to sneak attack you.. when in lane he just dash + Q + stun then dice back to get away from your attack range.. though his skill do need a boost in ad scaling.. but thats about it..
hes way too squishie for teh dmg he does also if he lanes against any semi competent ranged champ hes completely shut down and cant build up rage, harrass or last-hit

DubiousKing

01-21-2011

If you want a champion right away, go with Irelia. But, personally, I would wait until the next patch goes through. I'm crossing my fingers that Riot buffs Renekton, because he sorely needs it.

Nazzara

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDolphin View Post
hes way too squishie for teh dmg he does also if he lanes against any semi competent ranged champ hes completely shut down and cant build up rage, harrass or last-hit
those are his issues exactly --

YangTianChou

Recruiter

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDolphin View Post
yea..but irelia is same level of squishie... while irelia have slightly better damage output, she have no escape ability nor stable stun... while Renekton can dash through wall and then flash to get through another... and he always stun... it is really painful for irelia to have champ like fiddle who cast spell like leech on you while you have too much health to stun

Stringer BelI

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by junchurriki View Post
So I almost have 6300 ip and I want to know who should i buy. Renekton or Irelia?

I want Renekton because he looks like a fun champ.
I want Irelia because she looks like a champ who can 1v5 and still come out alive or at least I've seen many good Irelias lately.

So help me choose. Give me reasons too please and thank you.
Irelia cannot 1v5 and come out alive, almost no champions in the game can do it.

Irelia is good but the 6300 price doesn't mean shes the best, if you want a true champion that can maybe win 1v5 (I've done it) and come out alive, buy Olaf or Tryndamere.

If you want a champion who is fun go Renekton.

If you just want the better of the two, go Irelia for now, but I am willing to bet Renekton will get a sizable buff this next patch.

Zero TL

01-21-2011

Irelia..and solo lane...nothing beats acting weak and pathetic at half health as they try to dive you and you just stun and activate true damage. Personally I go full attack speed, glass cannon style. Remember, true damage wrecks tanks who stack armor/MR.

Zyean

01-21-2011

Renekton is a high skill cap champ, meaning if you're good with him, you'll be the most OP person, if you're not good with him, you'll be the most UP person

Shaydd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2011

I won't post an entire break down of Xin vs Irelia here. But Xin is pretty much better at everything. Everything. There is no point to getting Irelia.

Thats not to say I think you should get Renekton. Hes not very impressive right now either.

Both are tough to use.

Thats also not to say that Renekton or Irelia can't get good scores, only that they don't compare well with other AD carries, and if you are willing to wait until the next patch, we'll see what riot does to Renekton's damage.

DoctorAlanGrant

01-21-2011

Irelia is not Xin and people need to stop saying that she is. (Something that she brings that xin does not is a wayyyyy faster jungle time should she choose to jungle. She also brings the ability for an early baron, xin does not.)

Anyways Renekton is a ton of fun and very very good at dominating a game early through mid, but if the enemy team defends long enough, Renekton becomes less and less powerful as the game goes on because he has to buy too many different items between survivability and damage output. So his early-mid game are strong and you can often force a team to surrender at 25 but his late game is horribly up damage wise once everyone has their gear. If you want champ that's a lot of fun to play (my favorite at the moment) with a high skill cap then Renekton is the way to go. (he'll probably be buffed next patch, so keep that in mind too)

Irelia requires less skill but is better than renekton at the moment. She's a lot of fun to play as well, when you get her going. She can also be a valuable asset to a team because she has a large amount of versatility (she can be built a multitude of different ways). Also, despite what other people say, she has really large starting health so she's generally not very hard to lane with. If you want a champ that you can really personalize to your play style then Irelia is the way to go. (she may receive some slight buffs/bug fixes but I don't see too many changes coming up)

ZhGone

01-21-2011

Well it depends, Right now i wouldn't go Renekton. Yes he is a fun champ and all but i just don't think he stands up to the 6300 IP mark that hes meant to, Irelia is viable now, I would suggest her more then anything. But she is not the most easiest champion to play but give it some time. but who no's Renekton could have a buff in the following patch