Twisted Fate - How to pick Gold cards consistently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakobud

01-13-2010

I was watching some videos from I guess before TF was nerfed or something and it seemed like it was pretty easy to pick Gold cards back then. Each card showed up for 0.5 sec and you just pick it. Easy.

But these days, when i try to pick cards, it has one up, pauses, then another and then another quickly after. I have a hard time seeing the pattern. Is there some trick I'm missing or is it just supposed to be difficult like this to pick the card you want?

Morteth

01-13-2010

when the red card is starting to shrink, click. it has roughly a .5 or so lag. don't think this has been nerfed before, iirc.

Kelin

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobud View Post
I was watching some videos from I guess before TF was nerfed or something and it seemed like it was pretty easy to pick Gold cards back then. Each card showed up for 0.5 sec and you just pick it. Easy.

But these days, when i try to pick cards, it has one up, pauses, then another and then another quickly after. I have a hard time seeing the pattern. Is there some trick I'm missing or is it just supposed to be difficult like this to pick the card you want?
Blue - red - gold
3 - 2 - 0.5 seconds.

It kinda depends on your ms, but usually it's red 1,2 W and you have gold.
It's harder to pick gold right away if you start out with red, you actually need a pretty low ms for that to do it consistently. Most of the time it's just playing a couple of games to see what works out for you.

Xirus

01-14-2010

One thing to consider is the variance in your latency. When I moved into my new house, the latency varies all the time, so the time I need to press the button changes, with no way for me to know until I've pressed it. Thus my ability to play TF diminished.

If your latency is sometimes 30 ms and sometimes 60, you'll find it impossible to gold card consistently (in my case it's sometimes 200 sometimes 300+, but that's what I get for being in NZ). Even relatively small variances make TFs gold card difficult, as it's such a small window. If you have a steady connection, even if it's a steady 200ms, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Purutzil

01-14-2010

Pretty much its when red comes up. If your MS is a bit consistantly lower, then time it up to be on par with it. Once you have it figured out its pretty easy Gold card 99.9% of the time.

Bloodba7h

01-14-2010

Practice.

We talkin' bout practice.

Jump into a practice game and give it a shot using the above infos.

Bruce1nR

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
Practice.

Jump into a practice game and give it a shot using the above infos.

We sittin here, I'm supposed to be a franchised player.

Seriously though, I went into practice with TF 1v1 a bot and just sat there farming creeps and hitting gold cards.

After the red card comes up I wait and then hit it. If I hit too soon it stays red. If I hit just right it goes gold.

Bluff

01-14-2010

Remember Practice doesn't make perfect.

PERFECT practice makes perfect.

Bots are one thing, but Gold Carding against real people is what you will be doing, so that's what you need to practice on.

HondaCivic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2010

When your red comes up, wait 1 second then click and you get a gold =]