poppy, thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DamnPandaHands

01-13-2010

Now, most of us can agree that poppy has a great burst capacity. There are multiple theories that involve a physical dps build wiith trinity force.
What is the viability of an ap build incorporating lich bane?
In my mind it seems that it could make her devastating blow quite powerful.

My build looked at an early sheen and catalyst, going at the end to roa, lich and adding a nashors(great item imo.)

Devastating blow deals(correct me if I am wrong)- (base damage+(0.6*ap))+(160+8% of their total health bonus damage which has a cap of 450)
With this build that would mean (115+(0.6*215))+(bonus)+215(Lichbane proc.)
=459+bonus.

my question is, does this effectively take the entire crit multiplier if it crits? If so, it makes a physical build much more viable and useful. I think I just like ap.

IamDuddits

01-13-2010

Did they realize that 10% of here health is basically every attack that anyone in the game will ever do to her?

It's like have Alistars Ult for the entire game.

Yea she is suppose to be a tank, but why is this a problem? Because you can stack attack damage and not stack any tank items making her into a dps/tank.

Indecent

01-13-2010

Do you realize that her passive reduces any damage over 10% of her health by 50%? So A spell that deals say 12% of her health in damage will only do 11% of her health in damage.

Shatterlight

01-13-2010

Indecent, is that how it works? The way I assumed it, and I suppose IamDuddits did as well, is that a spell that does 12% of your health will instead do 6%.

That does help, but that doesn't change that a 1.2k damage Dark Matter from a Veigar now does a few HUNDRED less damage. I'd say this is one of the most powerful passives in the game. I havn't gotten ingame yet though, so havn't had a chance to see it in action. It sure sounds outstandingly powerful in theory, though.

DamnPandaHands

01-13-2010

People seem to be confused about the passive. It's much weaker than the words seem to portrait it.

If you have 2k hp, which is aprox at level 18.

Veigar hits you for 500 with dark matter(350 after mr reduction.)

it only halves the damage that is great than the 10% of her health.
350-200(10% of her health)=150/2=75+200=275 from the initial 350. Not that big of a loss, especially against most casters or anyone that isn't one big burst of damage.

bobthegood

01-13-2010

Now do the calculation for veigars ult.

Shatterlight

01-15-2010

I havn't seen a Veigar do that little damage at level 18. The few I see playing tend to hit for over a thousand with Dark Matter. Maybe it is just the ****ty solo queue teams, but consider it with 1,000 damage AFTER MR. Four hundred damage knocked off the number, unless I am mistaken? Ryze also seems to do 700-900 damage.

It doesn't look like you really need MR as Poppy.