Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] How to decide on a good guide title

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PosPosPos

01-13-2010

Too often I have seen overzealous players make guides with names that sound like a soppy line from a cheap child-targeted cartoon/drama.

In response, I have created this guide to educated players on the concept of a good guide title.

1. A good guide title should contain a short summary or description of what your guide is trying to educate e.g. "AP/Health Ryze" or "Guide: Defensive Kiting for Beginners"
  2. A good guide title is relatively short and sweet. An overly long guide title would be "The definitive compendium, guide and resource which aims to introduce players to kiting, defensive movement, evasion".

Basically, avoid
  1. Names that don't make sense e.g. "Teemo! The puff puff huff huff mouse!"
  2. Names are too long
  3. Names that sound like how an 8 year old kid would describe his favourite ultrawoman or pokeman. Also refer to number 1.
If you can't follow any of the above guidelines, at least give your guide a name that sounds nice, like "Nasty Nidalee".

Happy guide making!

Shatterlight

01-13-2010

Are you dissing Veigar: Tiny Master of HADOKEN!?

Telak

01-13-2010

Mundos mundoing mundoness mundoes mundo.

Dr Niles Aquatic

01-13-2010

[GUIDE] Urf the Manatee: Heck, tate can't link deas scout finches!

zoau

01-14-2010

and make up better names for yourselves too, nothing like xxXkilllatonXxx. be informative. call yaself feedingleaverteen.

i like being informed but i enjoyed guides like urine guided rokkit and stuff like that most

samuwen

01-14-2010

Really the best names are the ones that are most like Condon's.

01-14-2010

And the name of the champ MUST be in the title or your guide will be past page 100 so fast your head will spin.

condon

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
samuwen:
Really the best names are the ones that are most like Condon's.

You shall be spared when the bee revolution comes.