[Guide]Poppy the pmsing charger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Son Goku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch Zero View Post
its my personal feel that attack speed does more then armor pen since it allows u to attack faster which means more damage, more lifesteal etc.
You can stack attack speed with many items, but you are limited to stack armor pen, which brings those runes into good use of stacking armor pen. Plus Stark's has attack speed included and is suffice to bring death to your foes.

Bloodthirster may be the best, but with the attack speed bonus and cheaper price, Stark's is a preferred choice if your way in the game don't go to plan according.

I understand that its great to have atk spd while fighting, but what are the chances of you not being snared or actually having them sit there for you to beat on them?

Poppy is a great chaser and most likely heroes will run from you, attack speed wont help as much there, and thats where armor pen can be a better use with those limited blows while chasing.

Chast

01-25-2010

Thanks much for the guide, made me go about 1:1 K/D to carrying a team. Just carried my team from being down both middle turrets at about the 10 minute mark to a win going 25:5:10

Personally, I go doran's shield + health pot, then follow with phage, Finish the trinity force and then grab guardians angel before continuing your build. Last game I experimented with grabbing the +25% attack speed boots, worked well.

Keep in mind, I'm not playing ELO, about summoner level 14/15 right now.

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

I just tried this out in a practice round. Worked very well for me. I'm not a good player by any means, but went 10-4-1 I'm satisfied.

Master Thnag

02-20-2010

Ok, so i've been using this build for some time now and things are going well.

I do however Must disagree on the order of items. Purely for the sake of surviving better and allowing for more aggression early/mid game.

The way I've been doing it is:
1:regrowth pendant
2:boots
3:Saphire
4: complete sheen
5: complete Zerk Greaves
6: Zeal (if not enough gold get dagger first)
7: Vampirr Scepter
8: Complete Bloodthirster
9:Complete Trinity force
10: next item as needed, usually turns out to be Thornmail or if things are going really well Infinity edge
11: warmogs or Force of Nature depending on how strong their casters are
12: Your choice

This item setup has served me reallllyyyy well.

As for runes, I like using -CD runes for Glyphs, but attack speed seems to help me out more early game. For CD reduction I'm usually just holding the golem buff, keeps me from going oom as well For Seals im starting to think the HP items aren't as usufull as i originally thought, so I'm going to start using HP regen instead.

an alt build i've wanted to test has been all HP regen runes with a 0/21/9 masteries

the items would be Ninja Tabi, warmogs, Force of Nature, and at least 2 Sunfire Capes and ThornMail (not in this specific order).

spells would be Heal and Flash.

Forumtroll

06-18-2010

I played Poppy once with this build. I had fun. She's Alistair on crack.

Smokebreak

06-25-2010

i just played against poppy with this build...omfg the damage was so amazing i had to check out the build in the forums and went ahead to buy the char lol... nice build imo about to go test it out

n3rdRAGE

07-15-2010

I've been playing my poppy with this build before I even knew there was a Guide! Now I know I'm not doing it wrong, because I myself believe poppy IS NOT A FULL TANK.

biomorph

07-15-2010

Stressing that poppy is not a tank is a bit one track minded.
Compared to rammus, shen or amumu no she is not.
But she can tank in the sense that she is a great initiator (you do not absolutely need immunity to do so) with a defensive build.
But you do not want to stack HP as that would be reducing the effectiveness of your passive. That's right I've tried a tank build without HP items and it worked quite well.

Tank or DPS build I ALWAYS start with Regrwoth Pendant and build it into Philosophers stone. This is a awesome item since it works VERY well with your passive especially early game AND it fixes your mana and gives you a very strong lane presence (Saved me from dying to teemo posion so many times as I simply out regen it's damage). Poppy is not so item dependent early game with charge and devastating blow.

For tank build you want to go for Armor. You dont need magic resist so much since high nukes are coped with by passive easier than several successive crits from a funked up Trynda say. Frozen Heart is a brilliant item to this end. Then I go tri force

For DPS build I go straight for sheen->zeal->phage->tri force and then for starks fervor ...

Laugh all you want but you have no idea how durable you are with this item ontop of your stone and life leech.

Decent guide tho but I am sure you will have more to add

Aksys

07-15-2010

great guide tried it out today! so much fun poppy

Floffawaffagus

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
Why not armor pen for reds? Devastating can't crit so crit runes feel wasted on her.
the spell itself can't crit but it adds in ur attack dmg, i do think that the attack dmg portion of it can crit, i can be wrong, but for some reason it sometimes does a lot more than what i thought it was gonna do so i just figured some part of it crit, if the whole spell could crit tho.....that'd be so epic lol