[Guide]Poppy the pmsing charger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWes View Post
Most of her damage comes from Q but Q does magic damage, no ?
Her Q applies on your next auto attack, so I'm not sure why it would do magic damage.

Malleus Deum

01-15-2010

my build is similar to this. i go vampiric cepter, sheen, zerker greaves, malady,trinty force. my games have never gone past this i think the longest game ive had with her is 25 minutes and it was a surrender (i win) right at the mark. I have seen some interesting builds though that do not get sheen and i usually STOMP them. only char i hate facing right now is udyr. for this reason i run exhaust ignite, it absolutely stomps udyr.

CalveenKush

01-15-2010

Poppy can be a tank.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Q is magic damage. So magic pen for reds it is.

Master Thnag

01-16-2010

I like this build and this is deffinately the way I play Poppy the only thing i disagree on is waiting so long to finsh Trinity Force which I think should be a priority givin the power it grants you. I do the vamp before BF Sword just because getting the leech before the extra dmg seems more important to me most of the time.

1: boots
2: saphire (sheen)
3: Sheen if not completed
4: complete boots (berserker greaves or ninja tabi)
5: trinity force (some times i go for attack speed first or phage)
6: Vamp mace
6: BF Sword
7: Bloodthirster
8: whatever else makes sense against the team I'm fighting
9: constantly use elixers to raise dmg and HP (who cares about price, by this point im rich)
10: I often finish with tiamat because it helps hella hard core pushing at end game(if it gets that far)

Even if my team is loosing I often find doing a little jungle ganking turns the tide real fast.

Rexgar

01-19-2010

Any of you tried starks fervor on her? I've been using that + sheen + swift boots. Then later finishing trinity force, and then if there's time going for a BF item end game.

Other than that I've replaced starks with Frozen Mallet once or twice and that worked pretty well too.

Just some thoughts.

I'm definitely going to try your build, as I'm always looking to improve with poppy

Poochaos

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
Q is magic damage. So magic pen for reds it is.
This

and

I use magic pen runes and starks after trinity and works like wonders

Universalis

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochaos View Post
starks after trinity and works like wonders
Poppy is a really fun champ, and I always enjoy playing with her. My 3 first items are always boots(depending which ones), Trinity force and Starks,and they work really well for me too. What do you think the next item should be if non-tank oriented? Rylai? Infinity? I really like Guinsoo btw, and maybe works better than both Rylai and Infinity...

Mowgef

01-19-2010

I'll be honest, I haven't read the guide.

But the title alone makes it awesome.

Rachsal

01-25-2010

First of all I want to thank Lelouch Zero for the great guide. Since i discovered it it is the only way I play poppy. It might not be the only possible way, but it is a really succesful one. So thank you very much for your time and work.

I'm summoner lvl 17 right now and my last game was 20/4 with poppy, we still lost, but that just demonstrates how strong the build is.
I didn't try the AP build very much, but it seems nearly the same as your build damage wise. But the Autoattacks are not as strong with the AP build.

I follow your build so i go dorans first, then sheen/greaves, then bloodthirster, trinity. I often buy the Vamp scepter before the BF sword, but that alway depends on the money i have.

The interesting steps follow after i have the afformentioned 4 items. Some games are over by then. But not all. So what to buy? I go for frozen mallet, cause health and slow is what u need then. In lategame there is too much damage around and u need your 3-6 seconds in the heat to take out a guy.

So I bought frozen mallet, but i think i should go for banshees veil instead. Why? Because the mana is essential. When u are on top of your game, the only thing which holds you from getting that fourth or third kill in a row is that u cant pay the blow anymore. And of course the shield is very strong too.

So what do u think? U buy your 4 items and then what? go for a bit health, damage or something special? I mean, should u try to max out your trinity trigger or helps AS more or Crit?