Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Guide]Poppy the pmsing charger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelouch Zero

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Aregionius:
It would be nice to see a little more guide beyond just the build.



this is my first guide and id love to add more. if people tell me what they want to know ill do my best to add it in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelouch Zero

Recruiter

01-14-2010

:Update:
added a strategy section(still in the works)
updated skill build information


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

Senior Member

01-14-2010

Quote:
Lelouch Zero:
i said attack speed for reds.


OK, explain how attack speed reds beat out armor pen reds since most of her damage comes from Q?

With CD reduction I had a 2.5 second Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelouch Zero

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
OK, explain how attack speed reds beat out armor pen reds since most of her damage comes from Q?

With CD reduction I had a 2.5 second Q.


its my personal feel that attack speed does more then armor pen since it allows u to attack faster which means more damage, more lifesteal etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beegly Boogs

Senior Member

01-14-2010

Quote:
Lelouch Zero:
its my personal feel that attack speed does more then armor pen since it allows u to attack faster which means more damage, more lifesteal etc.


But it doesn't help your Q, aka your main damage source.

I build her

Sheen
Boots
Phage
Stark's
Zeal -> Trinity
Boots depending on enemy composition

game is over by now

armor pen helps a lot more than AS, but w.e your choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lelouch Zero

Recruiter

01-14-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
But it doesn't help your Q, aka your main damage source.

I build her

Sheen
Boots
Phage
Stark's
Zeal -> Trinity
Boots depending on enemy composition

game is over by now

armor pen helps a lot more than AS, but w.e your choice.


i agree armor pen helps there. but its just in my experience attack speed helps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arizenkin

Member

01-14-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
But it doesn't help your Q, aka your main damage source.

I build her

Sheen
Boots
Phage
Stark's
Zeal -> Trinity
Boots depending on enemy composition

game is over by now

armor pen helps a lot more than AS, but w.e your choice.


<- this! I also agree armor pentration marks are the way to go.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6 ID 9

Junior Member

01-14-2010

Wow, that's exactly the build I use with poppy. Guess I wasn't so off road with her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrWes

Junior Member

01-15-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
OK, explain how attack speed reds beat out armor pen reds since most of her damage comes from Q?

With CD reduction I had a 2.5 second Q.


Most of her damage comes from Q but Q does magic damage, no ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

Senior Member

01-15-2010

Anybody try her with Madred's?

A lot of people say it's a waste of 1000g, but I like having it in the beginning, great for farming, even better for jungling and you can sell it to finish your trinity force later and by then it's probably paid for itself because you're 2 shotting creeps.

I don't even mind keeping it all game because Poppy can basically heal herself back to full hitting creeps or jungling for a bit, quicker than pilling.

Was going:
Cloth Armor + HP
Madred's
Boots of your choosing
Vampiric Scepter
Sheen
Zeal (ignore Phage because I'm going for Lizard, and taking Exhaust)
Trinity (Sell Madred's)
Blood Thirster
Crit Cloak > Infinity (never get this far)