Kat ap or ad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigGeezy

08-22-2010

ap or ad?:/ and why is it better.. *new kat user here so be easy on me i just cant seem to understand why people think ap or ad is better on kat

Demonthius

08-22-2010

On the first glance, AD give more bouncing blade dmg while AP gives better shunpo. But actually AD gives better damage to your ultimate as well. However an AD katarina has no survivability and relies on an coordinated team to be effective (think amumu, or galio)

AP, while it does do less damage it has more ability to burst (shunpo + lichbane nukes into the thousands) and relies on Rylais and ZHongyas for survivability after ult.

Conclusion:
AD = better damage overall, less survivability. Use it if your in premade
AP = better damage against single target, more survivability. Use in solo queue

peyo

08-22-2010

don't use AP at all... grab some Guardian Angel or Banshee for AD and you're set.

BigGeezy

08-22-2010

so AD kat ult has more dmg than AP kat? i see.. cuz now i get rylais first on kat then everything depends on the enemy.. rylai-boots-void staff is what i get pronto.

+++having bad luck in solo cuz i keep on getting ******s on my team

Carados

08-22-2010

AD with a Randuins is a better build.

LethalDevastati

08-22-2010

AD is better overall. You have to take into considerations your auto attacks has well. When all your skills are on cooldown and the enemy has 200 hp left and is 2 sec away from being safe behind a tower:
AD: lool *auto attack* u dead thought you could escape?
AP: noooo whhhy my auto attack only do 50 damage? dammmm game! /rage quit

Plainodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

AD farms better, less item dependent (Just BF swords, pretty much, doesn't need the full epic item to be useful), better after spells are on CD, better at taking down towers, better early game, BB is a full team nuke, Killer Instinct's passive benefits AD more, and the only con could be survivability, but that actually isn't a problem, as the HP from Rylai's Scepter or MR from Abyssal Scepter wont save you from being focused and surviving.

Kixxie

08-22-2010

I always build kat like this, (cause most of the time i'm fed)

Dorans Sheild(Helps me to harass with regen HP)
Boots of Swift/Merc Treads
Bf Sword
Bf Sword
Bf Sword
Bf Sword

to

blood thirsterx4
infinity edge.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much damage.

TL Frolo

08-22-2010

AP kat
aoe slows, more health, shunpo hits for 700, use shunpo and your passive in team fights for multikills

TL Frolo

08-22-2010

AP kat
aoe slows, more health, shunpo hits for 700, use shunpo and your passive in team fights for multikills