Need some help for Tyrndamere.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaxOnLegs

08-22-2010

I've been playing Tyrndamere the last two days, and I love him a lot. But, because I'm used to Tanks and support so much, I find changing to an Aggressive playstyle quite hard at the moment.

People have gotten angry at me from not entering fights because I had like 20% and I have already used Undying Rage. Should I enter these fights?

Like, here's a scenario from yesterday. Me, Teemo and Heimer were in the brush near the lizard at top. A Blitz, Udyr and Sivir came and pulled me into them and started DPSing me down. I popped Undying Rage, and with the help of Heimer and Teemo, got Udyr down. I then retreated, because I was on 20% HP, and Heimer, Teemo and our Rammus chased the Blitz and Sivir straight into Shen and Mordekaiser. I didn't chase, because I was on low HP, and the enemy had AoE and CC so I would've just died anyways. Our team dies and they push our inner turrets with me the only one alive. I can't do anything, and the Heimer starts complaining that I don't know how to play Tryn, because the lower HP I have, the more damage I do.

I mean, I know that's the point. But surely it's still a death-trap if I run into 5 people, who have CC and AoE, right?

So, how should I be playing Tyrndamere?

Also the build order I'm going for currently is:

Zeal,
Zerker's Greaves,
Infinity Edge,
Zeal into PD,
BT,
BT.

Is this a good build, or should I add some other things in there?

Thanks.

ThreeLittleBirds

08-22-2010

Naw, you did ok. Once your ulti is out, you are out.

and what the hell is BT?

SaxOnLegs

08-22-2010

Bloodthirster.

Vaanelo

08-22-2010

yeah, once ur ult is used, u r very easy to kill. u r almost like yi, it doesnt matter what items u have, once they focus u, dead.

ThreeLittleBirds

08-22-2010

heres my build

Avarice -> Ghostblade
Avarice (if you get lots of cash early, but this one is optional)
Boots -> merc
Zeal -> phantom
Zeal -> you can sell it and buy anything (I'd recommend starks, if no1 has it yet)
BF sword -> infinity edge

Kazeikan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

id actually say that ur team is stupid for chasing them when there are MIAs and they arent on the map.

Even more, the teemo shouldve had map control as well with his shrooms and spotted the enemy before hand

SaxOnLegs

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
heres my build

Avarice -> Ghostblade
Avarice (if you get lots of cash early, but this one is optional)
Boots -> merc
Zeal -> phantom
Zeal -> you can sell it and buy anything (I'd recommend starks, if no1 has it yet)
BF sword -> infinity edge
So, you do Avarice > Avarice> Boots > Zeal > Zeal > BF Sword and then start upgrading, or?

And yeh, the team was a bit dense, but I've always played tanky heroes, so I always got involved. Just wanted to check if I was playing him right.

Gnatter

08-22-2010

from what ive heard/ played, you need the most bang for your buck with trynd.

I play him with 3 core items, zerker greeves (yes lol), infinity edge and last whismer (whisper?)

if ur srs about playing trynd, use all ur IP to buy crit chance runes (start with reds, then quints, then yellow/blue for best value for money). Those with a full page of crit chance and masteries like to start with boots 1 and a couple of hp pots. Aside from that, you can start with berzerkers greeves for more crits. This is done because more crits = more self heals + ganks, which leads to a better early game.

once you go back, buy your zerkers, failing that, buy the boots 1 and sell your brawlers gloves for a cloak of agility. Farm efficiently and never say no to a tower dive if your ulti is up (better one than none!) work towards the 3 core items and after that it is really up to you. Buy phatom dancers for more crit chance, attack speed and movespeed or get a black cleaver for -armour and damage. I prefer to avoid bloodthirsters since trynd isnt known for his farming prowess and is prone to dying, which means losing your stacks + having to farm them up all over again.

Trynd is more a champ that gives best results from experienced players that know when to ult, what to spin through and when to pull out rather than the build used. (tho infinity edge is a staple item)

good luck

Lemon Tea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-22-2010

Just...no. Just no. People need to realize that Tryndamere(Yes,that's how he's spelt) is a Carry, not a tank. As with other carries, you go in last,get out first. The only difference is that his Ult allows him 6 extra seconds of hitting without backing.

I've tried Phantom Dancers with Tryn, but I don't like it. He doesn't need that critchance, aspd can be best obtained from other items, mspd is unnecessary with E and W, dodge.. well dodge is the only good point of Phantom Dancer. But even then, it does not warrant getting a Phantom Dancer. Say the enemy team has a lot of Physical DPS(Yi,Trist,Ashe,w/e). Get a Thornmail. If they focus you, in that 6 seconds period that you aren't dying they're eating damage. Even then it works better than dodge. Let's just say that I find the 3395 gold used for dodge can be best used elsewhere.

My core build looks like this

Boots(Swiftness or Merc, sometimes Zerk Greaves if i foresee myself farming/jungling a lot,which doesn't happen that often)
Youmuu's Ghostblade.

That's it. That's all you need before killing people effectively with Tryn. After that you will always opt for Infinity Edge, highest bang for your buck on Tryndamere. I'd even go so far as to say this is the most important item for Tryn, but you're good enough with boots n youmuu's.

The last 3 item slots can be played around with. Tanks with high armor? LW. Dodgy champs? SotD High Hp sunfire stackers/vladimirs?Madred's bloodrazor. None of the above? Take Stark's Fervor. I personally find the Black Cleaver is good on him,in addition to stark's -armor aura. It's not impossible to take people down to 0 armor with Cleaver,Stark's and armor penetration and trust me, hitting pure damage is better than stacking mitigated damage. Otherwise, get Bloodthirster for damage and lifesteal.

Elixirs are also favourable on him. Green gives the all-needed aspd and critchance. Always good to have in hand.

Pro Tip: Most people think that ignite/vlad ulti/any DoT kills tryn after his ult. Prove them wrong. Keep a red elixir in hand and pop it+Q when your ult almost ends. Those people relying on DoT to kill you will not get their kill, sans fully-stacked AP Teemo mushrooms.

SuckMyDuck

08-22-2010

Get Crit Damage runes and infinity and watch the enemies take 340% damage of crits with undying and your Q.