The Surrender Button in Ranked, An Abomination

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obie pls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

the first three are automatically invalid cause who gets bored of league of legends

Bestfomert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2012

Lets say I'm fed, but my team has almost no kills. The enemy team has few more kills than my entire team, if people surrender that's sad. A fed guy can make a difference and punish every mistake they make giving a free sudden win.

cocacolalips

02-23-2012

9 out of 10 games are surrender @ 20min, even in Normal. That's why i don't even bother and I play against bots.

At least bots don't surrender, and I can actually enjoy the game.

theGrimus

02-29-2012

Surrenders should be based on game progress. Certain requirements need to be met in order to unlock this feature earlier or later. This would conclude if a game is more winnable or if statistically a team has more of an advantage. Requirements could be Kill/Death Ratios, Gold Farmed To Date, and Turrets Still Alive, Leaver. This would be a fair way to gauge if a team should have the ability to surrender earlier or late. Each requirement would have values that determine the time of the surrender.

Example would be probably the most rampant, AFK's. Well if we have to sit for 5 minutes with a player not participating we should be able to unlock the surrender far earlier then 20 minutes.

Instead of having a "set" time to give up, the game should atleast be at a progression that is more likely to be unwinnable.

theGrimus

Kroníc

03-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrimus View Post
Surrenders should be based on game progress. Certain requirements need to be met in order to unlock this feature earlier or later. This would conclude if a game is more winnable or if statistically a team has more of an advantage. Requirements could be Kill/Death Ratios, Gold Farmed To Date, and Turrets Still Alive, Leaver. This would be a fair way to gauge if a team should have the ability to surrender earlier or late. Each requirement would have values that determine the time of the surrender.

Example would be probably the most rampant, AFK's. Well if we have to sit for 5 minutes with a player not participating we should be able to unlock the surrender far earlier then 20 minutes.

Instead of having a "set" time to give up, the game should atleast be at a progression that is more likely to be unwinnable.

theGrimus
That would be best, but it seems like there are too many factors that would have to be taken into account. A team could be up in kills, but down in towers and vice versa. Even though technially, one team is winning, it would still be anyone's game. But the surrender button isn't just for when one team is getting stomped. I've also had games where the whol team would surrender just to be nice cuz a dude had to leave. Sometimes, things come up and its not fair people get banned for it.

Typhnox

06-09-2012

Been lots of talk about surrendering on the forums today, so I'm bumping this just for relevancy, and perhaps people will find it an interesting read.

Quirk

12-25-2012

Surrendering should be unanimous at all times...