(Guide) An intricate guide to going mid as Warwick

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXFlip View Post
It was a good fun read, and indeed an actual interesting idea.
Thank you. =)

Quote:
A champion who has a much higher damage potential no longer possesses a solo XP lane.
Idk about Warwicks that you play with, but my WW is sort of made to slice through carries and survive really well while doing it. Being a carry isn't just about pulling out srs dps. If that was true, Veigar would be banned all the time. Damage can, (especially with Warwick) be put on the back burner in favor of persistence, survivability, and utility.)

Quote:
A second champion who could also could have a higher damage output than WW will not get a second Solo XP lane because there is no longer a jungler.
Why is there no longer a jungler? Is WW the only character who can jungle?

Quote:
And since when was WW NOT an amazing ganker? Hes awesome lvl 4, and definitely not "moderate at best"
Here's a list of possible junglers that use Lizard better at level 4, in terms of ganking, whether it be due to the fact that they have a slow in order to close the gap SO they can even use it, a stun, or stealth.

Evelynn
Malphite
Nunu
Olaf
Poppy
Rammus
Shaco
Shen
Udyr
Xin Zhao

I would, in a heartbeat, give early game lizard to any of them over WW. I don't see people making QQ threads about WW's early game ganking ability, although I sure as **** see them about Eve.

Quote:
at level 6. In fact, he has the highest ganking potential at level 6 with ultimate.
His ultimate is an amazing use of CC in a teamfight, and it's good for picking off people who are running / semi initiating, but there are better ultimates for ganking, most definitely.

Just to name a few amazing ults for ganking, that achieve more then his does and gimp someone way harder in the early game. Annie, Eve, Twisted Fate, Kassadin, Lux, all come to mind. He has good ganking potential, but in comparison to dedicated gankers, he's mediocre.

Quote:
Lvl4 WW gank: red buff+bloodscent. does that not sound potent on its own?
In comparison to Soraka, sure.

Quote:
Just remember than all that means someone needs to initate the gank. A lot of champions have stuns,
So your excuse for WW being a better ganker then anyone on that list is because a lot of champions have stuns?

Quote:
WW has no way to escape the very precious mid lane, meaning if he is the target of a gank, if its wellthought out there's nothing he can do about because his champ was made to chase not run.
Besides flash, exhaust, high base movement speed, a starting AP of 49. (That heals for 224 at level 5 in case you were wondering). Also, if you want to talk lack of escape mechanisms, let's look at common mids.

Ashe, Miss fortune, Pantheon, Annie, Sivir, just to name a few. What do they have in terms of escape mechanisms that he doesn't? In fact, I'd consider him a lot harder to gank. Mid is also one of the hardest lanes to gank, and the only way to get gibbed in mid lane, is to screw up somehow. I don't know about you, but I'm not pushing my lane 24/7

SoFFacet

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXFlip View Post
It was a good fun read, and indeed an actual interesting idea. Than I remember playing against it earlier today.

Lets look at what REALLY happens when warwick goes middle:
A champion who has a much higher damage potential no longer possesses a solo XP lane.
A second champion who could also could have a higher damage output than WW will not get a second Solo XP lane because there is no longer a jungler.
And since when was WW NOT an amazing ganker? Hes awesome lvl 4, and definitely not "moderate at best" at level 6. In fact, he has the highest ganking potential at level 6 with ultimate.

Lvl4 WW gank: red buff+bloodscent. does that not sound potent on its own? Just remember than all that means someone needs to initate the gank. A lot of champions have stuns, and thats all you need to do a lvl4 gank. Oh and by the way besides summoner abilties WW has no way to escape the very precious mid lane, meaning if he is the target of a gank, if its wellthought out there's nothing he can do about because his champ was made to chase not run.
Why did you assume that another player doesn't jungle?

Also sorry but compared to other options WW is just a really ****ty pre6 ganker. Post6 though I agree, hes one of the best.

Omxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

i had a bit of fun reading it XD +1

SoadAA

01-22-2011

+1 reading it right now, the introduction was very good.

Alyzar

01-22-2011

Thanks for the good feedback guize. <3

Scutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

I've been wanting to try this or Magewick for a while now. But i don't have the guts to do it in a normal match :P.

Doriantv

01-22-2011

I saw Vman7 play AP Lane Warwick in a ranked game against some of the best players in the world. Anything is viable in LoL.

ThetaSigma

01-23-2011

I can definitely vouch for lanewick. I have played several games with him now and it IS viable. He can mid but I prefer him in a solo side lane. I usually go dorans ring first followed by sorc boots spirit visage and then either a tank item or Madreds depending on how you are doing. Also check out Guardsman Bob, hes the one I got this build from. You cant call him a noob.

Kamaro

01-23-2011

totally agree on your item build etc, excellent guide

DarkHero

01-23-2011

I'd love to see any WW try and outharass a vlad,ashe,tristana, anything with range etc. Its a nice concept at first but any competent mid would easily be able to zone ww since he is a melee and has to chase down an enemy to get any hits in

1234567 ... 8