(Guide) An intricate guide to going mid as Warwick

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyzar

01-20-2011

Changelog
1/21/2011 - Updated Item Build
1/26/2011 - Updated Item Build

DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER

This is not meant to be the replacement of Warwick as a jungler. I understand that he is, and always will be, an amazing jungler, (although given how the current jungler metagame is built around ganking, I feel there are better choices.) This is simply a guide to a play style that I found to have amazing potential.

WARNING: Make sure you read the entire guide to learn my reasoning for doing the things that I do. Do not skip to the item build or you might not have success. Please do not try it once and then flame this thread or flame this thread whilst failing to try it at all.

Click

Zealto

01-20-2011

+1 a good read.

Tuncoffs

01-20-2011

Nice, a new take on an old favorite.

Mambazo

01-20-2011

Lol, you got pissed at that Truth guy. That **** was fun to read.
+1 for the guide, though.

Alyzar

01-20-2011

Thanks for the +1's guize.

Quote:
Lol, you got pissed at that Truth guy. That **** was fun to read.
Yeah he's my (female dog). ^__^

Kaasflipje

01-21-2011

Great thread, you clearly put a lot of thought into this.

Alyzar

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaasflipje View Post
Great thread, you clearly put a lot of thought into this.
Thanks for the compliments (as usual) <3

Superdadd

01-21-2011

Just remember, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Taking mid as WW is silly. Sure you can survive there, but you aren't downing their tower, and that's what mid is all about. It's not about surviving, getting a level advantage, etc. It's about denying their carry gold, keeping your tower safe and killing their tower. WW would survive in his lane fine, maybe even could harass the opponent and heal back with Q. But he's not dropping a tower unless the opponent bluepills and WW went heavy into W for some reason.

The question of "should I go mid" has to do with a lot more than "can I hold my lane", or "can I kill X champion".

Mid needs to (in order of importance):
1) Hold his lane (tower)
2) Drop their tower
3) Not feed other mid
4) If possible get a kill on their mid.

#1, 2, 3 are all so close to the same importance, they are basically tied. #4 is drastically lower concern than the first 3... to the point where it really doesn't even matter at all.

The problem is, most people think #4 is the most important, when it's really not important at all - comparitively at least.

Alyzar

01-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdadd View Post
Just remember, just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Taking mid as WW is silly. Sure you can survive there, but you aren't downing their tower, and that's what mid is all about. It's not about surviving, getting a level advantage, etc. It's about denying their carry gold, keeping your tower safe and killing their tower. WW would survive in his lane fine, maybe even could harass the opponent and heal back with Q. But he's not dropping a tower unless the opponent bluepills and WW went heavy into W for some reason.

The question of "should I go mid" has to do with a lot more than "can I hold my lane", or "can I kill X champion".

Mid needs to (in order of importance):
1) Hold his lane (tower)
2) Drop their tower
3) Not feed other mid
4) If possible get a kill on their mid.

#1, 2, 3 are all so close to the same importance, they are basically tied. #4 is drastically lower concern than the first 3... to the point where it really doesn't even matter at all.

The problem is, most people think #4 is the most important, when it's really not important at all - comparitively at least.
Have you tried it?

Superdadd

01-21-2011

I haven't, and I'm not saying it isn't viable. I'm just saying there are more things to "should I go mid" than what you talk about.

I don't see WW ever taking a tower against a competent mid player. That's all that matters to me.

I'm sure he's "okay", or even "good" at going mid and being able to compete in the 1v1 battle against the other champion. However, after playing him as much as I have, I simply cannot fathom wanting him in mid... for the reason above... he has zero chance of taking their tower down against a competent player.

12345 ... 8