Vladimir Masteries and Abilities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-22-2011

Ummm Defense Masteries help Vlad carry. Obviously. Not sure how you can say that it doesn't considering Defense gives Vlad maximum Ap, Maximum HP, (oh look there is more HP and AP thanks to Crimson Pact), physical damage reduction, Magic Resist, Armor, and flat damage reduction... ALL which allow and help vlad carry more. Let's see... biggest damage, check. Survivability, check. Oh I am still alive after being focused so I can carry more, check.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2011

Yay my post got -1'd! Glad my Vlad secrets are so hush-hush and no one's discovered why the build I use carries games so hard.

Keep hating on it. The less I have to face it, the better.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-22-2011

Yea I may be done trying to spread the word on it. I eat utility builds for lunch so maybe I just need to hush and let people figure it out for themselves.

I got a friend who just picked up Vlad this week. He is a ~1400+ ELO player. First time vlad. He loved it. Then I gave him some tips on items and to use the Defense Build. The defense build rocked so much more for him. He couldn't believe it either. I think most players who play "nukes" are so stuck in the Utility mindset they can't fathom that defense (tree) means offense for vlad. All I have ever advocated was to try it. What's the worst that can happen. I have done my research and experimented with pretty much every Vlad build out there. I know what works great for me.

Heiral

01-23-2011

I can play you 1v1 Sacull if you eat utility builds for lunch.

LilBoy Blue

01-23-2011

if your masteries are making or breaking your game with vlad i think you're doing something wrong.

bladeofwill

01-23-2011

For items, you should pretty much always start with a dorans shield on vlad.

Joekz

01-23-2011

I go 9/21/0, getting ruby crystal first -> spirit visage, sorc boots, death hat, hourglass, rylais, whatever defense i need.

Sacull Kinslayer

01-23-2011

A player will tip the scales regardless. Regardless of build. With all other things being equal Defense build causes your Q to hit harder, to heal for more, and you will start with more HP. And in the early game, Vlad's weakness time, that is huge. That is why I eat most utility builds. It is simple math.

Again. All I advocate is that one tries it. If it doesn't suit you play style then don't do it. But blindly saying "this is bad because I didn't think of it or because I don't use it" or whatever other reason is silly. If it doesn't work for you then you can honestly say for you it didn't work. Or work as well. I used 9/0/21 for a long time. And I enjoyed great success with it. And every once in a while I will go back to it to see if things have changed. But for me, I prefer the Defense tree for Vlad.

iSchuh

01-23-2011

9-0-21 like everyone else

start with tome
will of the ancients
magic pen boots
rod of ages= passive helps lots
rylias= again passive
abbysel septer= magic pen
deathcap