************** POPPY Questions **************

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

01-23-2011

I tried DFG again... did ok...I seem to use it after they escape the initial E Q attack while they are fleeing. I also had some awful games with nashors poppy as well. I am not quite convinced, hybrid is very attractive particularly the CDR on nashors, I will continue to play around with the builds. I noticed that W increases attack speed most of the hybrid items increase attack speed.

Although one game my team composition was horrible. Eve Twitch, Yi, Caitlyn and I basically had to play tank... Tank in the sense I distracted the enemy team will Yi took out turrets and lured them into an Eve Twitch trap. So I still think I did my job in that game despite a large number of deaths.

What mana problems? I don't have mana problems on any hero... I seem to run out of health and have to b before I run out of mana.

Tokinatoor

01-23-2011

I like to go for a Tanky AD (sometimes jungle) Poppy

In 3 v 3 I am often the teams "tankiest champ"

21/0/9
If jungling rush Wriggles
If laning start with Saphire crystal rush sheen.

Rushing wriggles/sheen is the most important thing about playing poppy imo. It lets her jungle or kill other people so much more efficiently.

For jungling I used to do Q first but with the recent patch it doesnt work on Blue Golem. Level up W first! (only for blue golem)

AFTER

Buy boots 1

Rush Triforce (start with sheen if you were jungling)

After Triforce get boots 2 (i like movespeed boots or mercs but Ionians could be good, zerkers won't be wasted but we can get AS from Phantoms Dancers)
Ok now you can decide between a BFS for more killing power, a glacial shard for CDR+Armor or Negatron cloak for MR.
I like to turn BFS into IE
Glacial Shard is ausome but Frozen Heart isnt very good for the price unless you need more armor and there team is mostly dps
Banshee Veil is great on poppy and is a hard counter to most gimmick (blitz,singed, karthus, lux, morg) and mage champs.

Now we have 2 offensive items and 2 defensive items and a pair of boots.

Only 1 more item slot left....

You may want too finish frozen heart or buy elixers now or continue on....

Phantom Dancers, Last Whisper, Warmogs are my 3 favorite choices for the last spot....

Phantom Dancers make your move speed and damage fairly GODLIKE but you wont have **** loads of health. Last whisper works great with Trinity+Q and counters tank heavy teams. Warmogs kind of sucks but is great if you never want to die again (remember we are a fast MOFO and have a 70 second CD, 8 second invincibility).

Tank by intimidation and invincibility!

Make sure they learn to FEAR THE MIDGET because you can blow up any squishy in a matter of seconds.

(ive never done any calculations but I think massive health is less efficient than armor/MR because of poppy's passive)

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvuntien View Post
I noticed that W increases attack speed most of the hybrid items increase attack speed.
Umm what? W increased armor, damage and movement speed. No atkspd.

VIVr

01-23-2011

DFG is not to be used on runners, that's Ignite's job (you might forget it, I do too, but only DFG on runners if you are certain only with using DFG on them you kill them)

No, you use DFG before you tackle someone for maximal effect, or you snipe some other target after primary target has escaped.

DFG is also the reason why Pop is so hilarious against enemy Vlads. I smile each time I see one, because no Vlad ever buys MR, but gets a load of HP and thinks he's safe. I like to kill them in one combo just to show them how foolish they are. It's stupid, but whatever. It's all fine if you show some no-skills Bladimir the borders of his arrogance.

Narvuntien

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destabilizator View Post
Umm what? W increased armor, damage and movement speed. No atkspd.
hmm I must of read that wrong... you are right.

I don't want to go the AD route because I only have one rune page and it has a lot of AP, also I have no idea about jungling.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVr View Post
DFG is not to be used on runners, that's Ignite's job (you might forget it, I do too, but only DFG on runners if you are certain only with using DFG on them you kill them)

No, you use DFG before you tackle someone for maximal effect, or you snipe some other target after primary target has escaped.

DFG is also the reason why Pop is so hilarious against enemy Vlads. I smile each time I see one, because no Vlad ever buys MR, but gets a load of HP and thinks he's safe. I like to kill them in one combo just to show them how foolish they are. It's stupid, but whatever. It's all fine if you show some no-skills Bladimir the borders of his arrogance.
This also teaches you not to forget using DFG. "Oh hai, how did I took half of your hp with one click last time?"

Cyrad

01-24-2011

If you want to be a light tank, get items that increase her speed as well as her durability or offense. Shureyla's Reverie, Force of Nature, and Trinity Force are good items.

The best Poppy tanks usually play her as bait. Due to her passive and W, Poppy is very good at getting away with little health left. So, you can bait the enemy and use your speed to either get away or lure them to danger.

Edit: Oh, one more thing.

One of the most important things to know with Poppy is how to farm with her. Last-hitting with her Q is a must.

Aemon Darkstar

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVr View Post
DFG CANNOT kill any runners. It deals 30% + 3.5%/100 AP of the CURRENT HEALTH of target in magic damage. So no matter how low their health is, DFG will not kill them. It has no minimum damage component.

@Cryad
Poppy's farming makes getting tank items with her a very bad idea. You're usually fairly strapped for cash even in a match where you're getting kills. Thankfully Poppy needs only a few items to do her job well, but if you start packing tank-ish, you'll run out of gold fast.
Also, last hitting with Q in general isn't a good idea, due to her small mana pool. BUT I have done this in some lanes with ridiculous harass. Not recommended though.

Best Ezreal Na

01-24-2011

IMO MS is one of poppies greatest assets. I got MS masteries and runes and often get a second zeal (for an eventual phantom dancer) before finishing my Trinity force. Between a ridiculous move speed and flash you can almost always attain the positioning you need to inflict maximum damage.

If you are going AP though I wouldn't go with the double zeal (its only useful to me because my last two items are often phantom dancer and black cleaver and the crits in addition to move speed allow me to be a huge threat without needing to use my utl)

Aemon Darkstar

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironylung View Post
IMO MS is one of poppies greatest assets. I got MS masteries and runes and often get a second zeal (for an eventual phantom dancer) before finishing my Trinity force. Between a ridiculous move speed and flash you can almost always attain the positioning you need to inflict maximum damage.

If you are going AP though I wouldn't go with the double zeal (its only useful to me because my last two items are often phantom dancer and black cleaver and the crits in addition to move speed allow me to be a huge threat without needing to use my utl)
A good point. I would like to add that the AD build gives a higher movespeed than the AP build. This means that you're a bit more positioning dependent when playing AP. Then again, as AP you burst down enemies much faster compared to AD, so I guess AD needs the MS more as well.