Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just read an interesting story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shehriazad

01-20-2011

So Ive been browsing some PC game sites in my language so I cant really link to it but let me tell you what this is all about and then ask a question @Riot.

So apparently there was a guy named Ryan who was working on a Starcraft mod named "World of Starcraft" that basically plays a bit like WoW in the Starcraft 2 universe.

After an alpha trailer being launcher Blizzard-Activision forced youtube to remove all videos of it and Riot games offered him a job.

So I wonder...is that stuff true because I cant find it on an english site atm O_o"

IS1ee19b29e82afce3c500d

01-20-2011

Eh Blizzard being scared about some kid making something they could actually sell for real money?

lolangeles

01-20-2011

blizzard is working on making another mmo but they won't say what it is. the removal of the starcraft moded game the kid made is an indication Blizzard is probablyl making world of starcraft

Shehriazad

01-20-2011

Quote:
lolangeles:
blizzard is working on making another mmo but they won't say what it is. the removal of the starcraft moded game the kid made is an indication Blizzard is probablyl making world of starcraft

True that...but I would really like to know if Riot wants to hire that kid...

Because I think its funny that Blizzard tries to shut talent down instead of being smart...in that case like Riot seems to be

Sciz

01-20-2011

Yeah, its true, there was a thread on it earlier. The community started fawning over Riot for being a big-hearted corporate Oprah, and I got downvoted to hell for pointing out it was simply a savvy business decision.