Gonna try Caitlyn tommorow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thbigchief

01-20-2011

- auto attack bot. Hit qwer if ur bored, but not essential.

chumbler

01-20-2011

Caitlyn has a strong early game so you'll want to play to that strength by runing and grabbing masteries for armor penetration. You essentially want to be hitting for as close to full damage as you can for as long as possible so that your lane harassment is something enemies will fear. DO NOT GO MID, take bot with a partner (preferably one with a stun who doesn't need much in the way of creep kills) or take solo top because you want to be able to use bushes to get your passive.

For skills it's basically R > Q > E = W. Having a beefy Q improves your harassment game due to its range and early game power, and the other two normal skills are more for utility. The main benefit from leveling E and W is cooldown on either, so it's kind of your choice on which you want to pick. If top I'd go with E for the extra security and a little extra punch in attacking (don't fire it unless you're reasonably sure it will kill.) If bot you might go with W to be able to extend a partner's snare duration or trap the entrance to dragon/golem.

On items it's pretty safe to do doran's blade + health pot start, though you can do boots + pots if you're feeling saucy. Past that you generally want to stack attack damage and armor penetration. Cooldown boots are a strong choice, but a good case can be made for swiftness, mobility, and zerker boots as well. You have long range and good escapes, and you blow up if caught anyway, so mercs don't have much value. The attack damage and apen items you want will depend on the enemy team's champions and builds. If more than one is stacking armor get a last whisper. If few are stacking armor get a brutalizer. For straight damage you probably want a bloodthirster because Cait can stack it easily, it gives you good lifesteal, and it has better straight damage efficiency for its cost than infinity edge. I don't personally like IE on her because it is expensive and a good chunk of Cait's damage comes from her Q and R, which can't crit. A black cleaver is worth looking into, but I wouldn't rush one since she needs damage early, and I wouldn't get it if you also have a last whisper. For survivability you can get a banshee's veil and/or frozen mallet. Consider a SotO if you're feeling especially daring.

I can't stress enough that Caitlyn has a really, really strong early game and you need to take advantage of that. It is entirely possible to keep an opponent out of double digit creep kills with her, and she can even harass pretty well at the enemy tower (ie autoattack/Q enemy then imediately back out of tower range.) You have to be smart about positioning and mana costs, though, and avoid pushing your lane too hard if you can help it. Use traps either to guard entrances or control enemy movement.

Mythoclast

01-20-2011

Don't waste your mana harassing too early. Save some for level 6. Watch your opponents HP and if it drops too low snipe them. Remember that if another champ is in the way they block the bullet.

Strikerwolf

01-20-2011

Ive seen some good Cait's but I see how she drops a lot late game but I am still willing to learn her just cause shes different and seems lots of fun thanks for the help and anymore would be awesome to

DeSheng

01-20-2011

Just make sure you have attack speed, but don't neglect damage. Cleaver and IE are usually the best. Just make sure to utilize her huge auto attack range well.