Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

having cpu usage 100%

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Correntt

01-20-2011

Quote:
psikoticsilver:
There you go.

Dual core 2.0 ghz. You need roughly a 3.0ghz CPU for this game to perform adequately.

Until recently I had performance issues on my system. I have a 2.4ghz quad core, and I was averaging only 60fps outside of teamfights and 30fps in team fights (even with options on low). When I overclocked my CPU to 3.0ghz, my performance shot up by 50%. I now get 90fps outside teamfights and 60fps during teamfights.

(OUTSIDE teamfights means a minion wave, my fps are significantly higher when nothing is happening at all).

HOWEVER, all this while LoL only uses one core for me. I had four cores, all capable of running at 2.4ghz yet 3 were constantly idle (aside from performing various system processes, running vent...)

Moral of the story, LoL consumes far too much CPU time. It needs to be reprogrammed to take advantage of more than one core. It also needs to be slimmed down.

PS, try closing the league of legends adobe.air loader while in game. You won't receive messages anymore but it can free up some CPU time. ALSO try closing all instances of Explorer.exe while running the game.

Explorer.exe will have to be re-opened after you're done playing the game (if you want to do anything with your computer). You can do this by pressing ctrl+alt+delete -> opening task manager > pull down file menu > press new task > type in explorer.exe > press enter.

the thing is that ive never lagged before this patch...
i mean entire game was fine with 30 fps before.... patch

i dont expect 60fps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

psikoticsilver

01-20-2011

Quote:
Corcupine:
He SAID, LAPTOP, and also YOUR VIDEO CARD IS ****.

Actually my videocard is fine, it's an ATi HD4850.

And the person I was writing to changed his post.