having cpu usage 100%

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Correntt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

turned off LoLClient. still lags but slightly better.
im using laptop and i had no problem b4 patch...

Not sure about cpu because it is my first AMD.
AMD Athlon II Dual Core M300 2.00 GHz

ram is 4 gb
win 7 64bit

Correntt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

here is my DxDiag

OpticalShadow

01-20-2011

latly (as in a few patches ago) my computer lags with LoL aswell, i just turned my sound off and it solved my problems.

Correntt

01-20-2011

turning sound off... didnt work

im just dealing with 20 fps now..

psikoticsilver

01-20-2011

There you go.

Dual core 2.0 ghz. You need roughly a 3.0ghz CPU for this game to perform adequately.

Until recently I had performance issues on my system. I have a 2.4ghz quad core, and I was averaging only 60fps outside of teamfights and 30fps in team fights (even with options on low). When I overclocked my CPU to 3.0ghz, my performance shot up by 50%. I now get 90fps outside teamfights and 60fps during teamfights.

(OUTSIDE teamfights means a minion wave, my fps are significantly higher when nothing is happening at all).

HOWEVER, all this while LoL only uses one core for me. I had four cores, all capable of running at 2.4ghz yet 3 were constantly idle (aside from performing various system processes, running vent...)

Moral of the story, LoL consumes far too much CPU time. It needs to be reprogrammed to take advantage of more than one core. It also needs to be slimmed down.

PS, try closing the league of legends adobe.air loader while in game. You won't receive messages anymore but it can free up some CPU time. ALSO try closing all instances of Explorer.exe while running the game.

Explorer.exe will have to be re-opened after you're done playing the game (if you want to do anything with your computer). You can do this by pressing ctrl+alt+delete -> opening task manager > pull down file menu > press new task > type in explorer.exe > press enter.

Malbolsia

01-20-2011

You are on a laptop your vid card won't handle it very well and as psik said you CPU is on the slow side.

psikoticsilver

01-20-2011

Read the DXdiag bro.

Corcupine

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by psikoticsilver View Post
Read the DXdiag bro.
He SAID, LAPTOP, and also YOUR VIDEO CARD IS ****.

iStomp Randomz

01-20-2011

When I upgraded my graphics card I had the same problem and my computer would shut off at random. I opened my machine and found that one of the wires was caught in my main fan (I know the cpu has a separate fan and usage has little to do with the gaphics card, but my cpu usage was at 100% while this was happening). Check for a hardware problem like that.

BlackLordDragonX

01-20-2011

taric is a ninja