malady = LoL's sange yasha ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onisaki

01-13-2010

I see a lot of bad players using it ,
I'm not saying its a bad item or anything , I personally don't use it....
but I see people stacking malady on a lot of heroes , tanks/suppor and they tend to fail A LOT.

EasymodeX

01-13-2010

Malady is overrated. It has its purposes, but yeah, people use it on way too many heroes as the "go-to" item.

Stormsoul

01-13-2010

i like getting malady on some characters because its 15 lifesteal 50% aspeed and 30 damage (after 6 hits)

pretty cost effective imo

Lavo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

I rather go with a Executioners than Malady.

I see people like Yi with Malady when they have more than enough attack speed they should just grab executioners.

zastrozzi

01-13-2010

Actually, it is a pretty bad item. While it is pretty cheap, the fact is that even at MAXIMUM attack speed, you have a weapon that doesn't add very much for the first two seconds of a fight. You know what costs only 100 gold more? Last Whisper.

10% less attack speed and no life steal, but not only does it give you as much of a damage boost as 4 stacks of Malady, it ALSO ignores 40% of the opponent's armor. I promise you, there is no build for any character where Malady provides a better damage boost then Last Whisper.

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

Malady also makes all your teams champions do extra damage thanks to the stacks. so it's not just a bonus to you. But yeah, Executioners is overall better.

Cyatomorrow

01-13-2010

40% of armor sounds less useful when you consider most heroes don't stack armor, so 40% is only going to be 20 armor at most.

Also consider that you're losing out on the lifesteal, which is essential for a hero like Twitch.

Malady's debuff improves damage for any physical champion on your team and works great with DoTs.

Baron Corm

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrozzi View Post
Actually, it is a pretty bad item. While it is pretty cheap, the fact is that even at MAXIMUM attack speed, you have a weapon that doesn't add very much for the first two seconds of a fight. You know what costs only 100 gold more? Last Whisper.

10% less attack speed and no life steal, but not only does it give you as much of a damage boost as 4 stacks of Malady, it ALSO ignores 40% of the opponent's armor. I promise you, there is no build for any character where Malady provides a better damage boost then Last Whisper.
And Last Whisper benefits the entire team how? They're different items.

Stormsoul

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrozzi View Post

but at the same time , i don't get malady JUST for the 30 damage. the extra speed and lifesteal is why i'll get it over LW most times (unless they have a rammus or some other armor stacker or im playing a turret pusher like sivir). Also, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure malady's bonus damage is applied to everyone who hits the person affected by the debuff, not just you.

Morzas

01-13-2010

Malady is a pretty situational item. I only buy it if I see enemy tanks stacking armor. It worked wonders against a Nasus that was stacking Heart of Gold when combined with Bloodrazor.