Refer a friend, get rewards.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogart

01-13-2010

Hell yeah hope at least 2 or 3 people get the 10k so we get new heroes =D maybe i can try but im just happy with Grey Warwick =D

devined

01-13-2010

I thought it was a great Idea... Then I saw they have to hit summoner level 10. Out of all the people I have recruited (20+) Only one has gotten to that level. The rest quit after level 3 because they were tired of getting it handed to them every game.

EnG0

01-13-2010

Does that mean you have to get 10 friends to refer you and hit level 10 or just get 10 friends to refer you?

Azael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

I'm sad, beta invite doesn't count in After all we refferal for those player no ?

Plomen

01-13-2010

Create an affiliate program for selling riot points and you'll get your 10k easy.

Elvara

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindler View Post
too bad it doesnt work retrospectively.
I've gotten tons of people to join, and now that i'm running out of people to get to play, theres rewards for getting more!

And yeah, the 1000th one is awesome. Theyre all awesome.

I'd like for it to be publicly visible if possible, watching everyones progress would be cool.
i agree completely.

James Orlov

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
It has now come to that glorious time when League of Legends players the world over shall band together and tell all of their friends to come join them in combat on the Field of Justice! And why, you ask? Because we’re going to give you free stuff for doing so!

As we all know, League of Legends is more fun when you play it with your friends. And so, to encourage you to help your friends broaden their horizons, we’re going to give you rewards for getting them to sign up. Every time someone that you have referred reaches summoner level 10, you’ll be eligible for a reward. This reward can be anything from an IP boost, to a unique champion skin, to a free trip out to the Riot Office in sunny California to design your own champion.

Here’s how it works: every fifth friend that reaches level 10 will net you an IP boost that you can redeem whenever you want. In addition, every time you reach one of the following reward tiers, you will receive a unique reward.

• 10 - Tier 3 Champion
  • 25 - Forum Title – “Recruiter”
  • 50 - Grey Warwick Champion Skin
  • 100 - The League of Legends Digital Collector’s Pack
  • 150 - Forum Title – “Senior Recruiter”
  • 200 - 10,000 Riot Points
  • 250 - Forum Title – “Master Recruiter”
  • 350 - Ultra-rare champion skin – Champion will be selected by the first player to reach this tier*
  • 500 - Get your name added to the “Wall of Fame” in the Riot Office
  • 1,000 - A content element will be named after your summoner
  • 5,000 - All current and future content permanently unlocked
  • 10,000 - All expenses paid trip to visit Riot Games and develop a champion with the Riot Design Team

So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and spread the word! You know that you all want to design your own champion with the League of Legends team. 10,000 friend referrals is child’s play for a well connected socialite such as yourself! Either that, or at least get 5 buddies to come help you earn a free IP boost!

http://leagueoflegends.com/referrals/instructions
Ok, nice. I like the fact that you guys are doing it, but why do it NOW?
I mean, I discovered that cool game that looked like dota but had cool graphic and fun animations then I called all my friends to play and when we are all playing, all around level 25+ you start this thing?
Well I won't say a thing or stop playing nor Q.Q around, I'll just wish good luck to those who can do it [call their friends] from now on.

Mackie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-13-2010

Can we claim previous refererals? For example I have reffered people without inviting them such as my brother his mates and about 5 members of my IT class from school. All together probably about 30 people.

Dobutsu

01-13-2010

i smell face book spamming ^.^

Volk

01-13-2010

So, only one way to get that warwick skin i've been waiting for since they showed the teaser for it in champion select...

50 people to level 10...
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff-

kinda blown, but ill try my best.