Refer a friend, get rewards.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dropkick Murphy

01-16-2010

10k isn't impossible, it would just require you talking to more than friends/family about it.

For instance...

so far, I've e-mailed 400 people my referral link, with a message to just forward my message on to everyone on their list they know that plays video games, because they really might enjoy this.

And of those people I e-mailed, 32 of them have confirmed they forwarded it to a mimimum of at least 50 more people. And 17 of them said they are interested in playing.

My father drives a school bus at high schools. I created a web redirect link (for easier memorization) and handed him flyers to give to his kids on his bus, so they get around the high school, with the web redirect going to my personal reference LoL link, with a bit of information on the flyer about how the game is free, what its like, how much fun it is, etc.

Just takes a little effort, thats all.

Noobseeker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harciog View Post
Seriously, 10k ? Come on people, i bet not even Kotaku could entice TEN THOUSAND people to play LoL AND reach summoner level 10. There's nothing on this planet that can give you that kind of exposure. How about a champion concept contest, eh ? I`m sure the community would come up with countless great ideas that you devs never thought of. And i bet such a contest would be insanely popular. I know that's a different topic, but the 10k mark made me LoL, if you catch my drift.
Champion concept contest FTW ! ! !
Srsly! Allow us to participate in making something for our favorite game!

buknol

01-17-2010

I never knew that you can refer a friend.. I referred like 15 people in a shop near us, and they all liked it.. Thats what we have been playing now. Such a waste that I didn't know about the referral. How can you get points by referring a friend anyway?

Nephian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2010

My referred player statistics are not being updated - everyone I have referred is listed at level 1 regardless of actual summoner level. Not sure if reporting it here is the right way to go, but there it is anyway.

ScrewZall

01-17-2010

maximum amount of players I've seen in public chat or LFG was 250, Does this game have 10.000 players atm? or servers can handle it?

nekitamo

Master Recruiter

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephian View Post
My referred player statistics are not being updated - everyone I have referred is listed at level 1 regardless of actual summoner level. Not sure if reporting it here is the right way to go, but there it is anyway.
Same here, and still haven't gotten clarification from Riot about this.

uzsibox

01-17-2010

mine dont update either

th15

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
10k will be very difficult for someone to get, but we will absolutely give out an all expenses paid trip to visit Riot Games and develop a champion with the Riot Design Team if someone reaches that level.

- RiotChris
I would've said something nice about this, but then I saw the small print:
Quote:
**Some restrictions, not limited to those included herein apply, subject to change by Riot Games at any time without warning. Must be 18 or over to qualify. Expenses are defined as all reasonable costs of transportation to and from Los Angeles and the Riot Offices, as well as lodging if appropriate in Riot's sole discretion. In no event shall the expenses exceed $1,000.
All expenses paid indeed. Pffft.

Wonder what other false advertising goes on. Makes you think doesn't it. It's especially cool how the disclaimer doesn't appear in the forum annoucement. Real smooth.

hohums

Software Engineer

01-17-2010
10 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephian View Post
These are updated once a day.

nekitamo

Master Recruiter

01-17-2010

Hohums, are you sure? Everyone else I've talked to has the exact same problem. I've referred 2222 people so far, not one of them is being listed as above level 1. Something might be wrong with your system. Mind if I create smurf to test it out?

Also, what time PST are the levels updated?