Refer a friend, get rewards.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowslice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

lol i wanna win th stuff. but i dun kno tht many ppl who will play XD

Ryushii Cross

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spymethyl Crabide View Post
And yet the conditions say only 1000$ max cost... fail.
I was just about to mention this! hah! Nobody cares to read the fine print. $1000 cap for the trip. $1000 will bairly cover the to-and-from plane ticket, let alone traveling, lodging, and eating expenses.

Worried

01-13-2010

So I really need to get my name on the wall in the office. Lets just say though that i get 10,000 people to join, do i get my name on the wall for every 500?

500 x 20 = 10,000

20 of my name on your wall and i will get your 10,000.

Feynt

01-13-2010

I'm sorry RiotChris, but while some of these prizes are achievable and cool, I find it impossible to believe any one person could recruit more than 1000 people. Most office spaces I've been to aren't even that populated. I couldn't even get everyone (including the teachers) at my college playing and qualify for that prize.

Penny

01-13-2010

Since Riot is made of Riot, and is therefore rather quite cool and awesome, I'm pretty sure they would monitor some of the people who are getting close to the 10k (if such a thing could ever happen). There's a little bit of fine print that says they can cancel the 10k offer at any time, under their discretion. And so, I'm sure that if the people who'd reach it first were cheating with tons of just-reached-level-ten-and-quit accounts, they'd cancel it. At least for them. Or something.

The more I think of being able to create a champion, the less I want to, due to the fact that I have no idea what to make and the entire community would depend on me to make something awesomage. Hmm.

Spitfyre

01-13-2010

If I win, I will make a champion called Jack, The Samurai. Yes.

On another note, I'm too **** lazy to refer/create 50 lvl 10 summoners.

On another note.. again, why just give them the Warwick skin? Why not any skin? I'd rather the Ghost Pirate over the dark coloured dog any day.

NeutralGood

01-13-2010

WHAT if you already own a The League of Legends Digital Collector’s Pack???

Trickius

01-13-2010

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think this campaign to gain players is going to be as effective as desired.

Personally, I think there should be more attainable and desirable goals. For 5 joined players who reach level 10 = 1000 IP or something. That should be offered for every 5 joined. With this idea, at least people would view the challenge as 1. possible, 2. worth the effort, and 3. desirable in some way, because if you don't like the other option, you still get the IP.

Since most of the goals are either 1. virtually impossible unless you are some crazy marketing genius with insane contacts, or 2. not desirable rewards, I wont be inclined to even try and imagine that there will be others of the same ilk.

Also, $1000 limit for "all expenses paid trip" for recruiting 10,000 players?! Are you friggen kidding me!?!? That's the lamest thing I have ever heard of. If someone legitimately gets 10,000 people to join and get to level 10, they should get an all expenses paid (no limit) trip for a week and an intern job in the Riot marketing department. That is A LOT of marketing/advertisement worth WAY WAY more than $1000.

Disappointing and shameful.

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

01-13-2010

this is awesome. I may do enough to only get the Warwick skin... I even doubt that :P

Armored

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
If I knew 350 people, I'd try to get a skin made for Singed.
I have been crying for a Singed skin for ever now. I stopped playing him. Will only go back to him once he has a skin.