How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireheartDragon

02-22-2011

Free Week Request to RiotChris
- Amumu
- Warwick
- Zilean
- Xin Zhou
- Swain
- Lux
- Kog'Maw
- Caitlyn
- Anivia
- Ashe
- Shen
- Jarvan IV (when he comes out)
- Evelynn
Hopefully this will appear when Jarvan IV is shown during the free week. I believe that there are many champions in this rotation which people will enjoy and they also have a vast selection of fun champs to choose from as well. Thanks for reading this post RiotGameIncs.

PenguinPaladin

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Frieden View Post
hmm page 55 or 56 dunno if somebody will read this stil....

the champion rotation is great as it is now

really every champ was free to play in a time of 8 or 9 weeks so every player can test every champ if he like to
Dude, some champions are free every 12 weeks.

I think riot should make there 15 free champions now that there are almost twice as many as there were originally. This would allow people to try champions more (wanting more champions leads to buying more RP) and it would allow for more uniqueness among lower level teams.

Restrife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

so noo free tree? sad i wanted to try it

Condor Rain II

02-23-2011

It would be nice to have a new Champion free in the Rotation that follows because most people like and tend to try the Champions out before wasting their IP or RP, because it could turn out that that particular Champion doesn't fit the players gaming style.

Btw Can someone give me a link to anywhere that can explain what building characters is?

boostike

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor Rain II View Post
Btw Can someone give me a link to anywhere that can explain what building characters is?
building characters is basically items, runes, and masteries
i get my builds from http://www.mobafire.com/

Talon Card

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
What pattern would you like to see? We're always open to constructive feedback.

We listen to player feedback on Champions to make free, and we introduce new Champions on a regular basis. Those two factors make it hard to have a set rotation that repeats every 8 weeks or so (which is I assume what you're implying about a pattern).

- RiotChris
If I was going to suggest any pattern, possibly waiting to release your regular new character, untill the next Cycle, but guaranteeing it to be free to play for the next cycle

Ie, every time a new char is available, the previous new char, becomes free for a bit (depending on the time between character releases)

... of course this may throw out balance as mentioned in the original post, but if it was possible it would allow for the excited people to buy the char when new in the first week of it's existence

then other people who have been "spanked" by these player's new characters and want to try them themselves can give them a go and everyone can try the char and become familiar in using, and defending against the character... it will also allow the community to provide feedback sooner

That's my two cents

Kevindicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-23-2011

It would be a little better if you explained why the champions were chosen for the week. Last week was supremely AP heavy, and it would have been fun to hear reasoning behind some champions.

ToastyMonkey

02-23-2011

Can vladmeir be on a discount and be free to play next plz and thanks and sry any thing. I spelled wrong lol

ToastyMonkey

02-23-2011

I really want to buy vladmier but I barely have ip so I want to try vladmier plz and make a discount for him plz thxs

parnellyx

02-23-2011

Q I don't think Alistar is a Tank

XD thats a FAQ?